• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 release

If they are getting out of the sled business - because of how smart they are with their $ and sleds not being profitable, then they really made some bad financial decisions the last couple years as others have stated with the Winder only being 2 yrs old. Oh, and remember how we are all told 2-strokes are not profitable and we are 4-stroke only?
Then they release this?
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/2-up-touring-utility/models/2018/vk540

I'm sure they have had thousands of customers at their dealers asking for a new VK540 ;)

Hey CR, are you out of your quiet period yet? I know you gotta be trolling these forums once in a while. We would love the opinion of our favorite Canadian.
He’s much smarter than that.......

yamaha is a well respected in building motors for alsorts of customers, that makes me wonder if they may have had a hand in the ctech development, from what i understand they have been working very well,they may also work well in a all yamaha chassie

So the 5 year relationship is coming to an end, will Y honor there own words and commitment to build an all Japan sled for 2019. Or will they continue to talk out of both sides of there mouth.

So the 5 year relationship is coming to an end, will Y honor there own words and commitment to build an all Japan sled for 2019. Or will they continue to talk out of both sides of there mouth.
The relationship IS NOT ending.

My Lord you guys. It may have been an initial 5 yr "trial run", but it's not ending.

I guess I'm not as die hard as some to swing from blue balls 24/7/365. But get over it. Cat was struggling, Textron & Yamaha stepped in, as was Yamaha in the chassis area, so they all came to a deal to work together.

WTF is so wrong with that?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

It was mentioned in another thread about Yamaha's next steps that Snowtrax TV just aired an interview with Arctic Cat's VP in charge of the snowmobile division, and based upon what he said, the Yamaha-Arctic Cat relationship is alive and well, and expanding in the future. I have no idea when it was taped, except that it was after the Textron deal.

It makes me wonder what is going to be left in Japan, if anything? They are already making a touring sled in the AC chassis, so if Yamaha was to replace the Phazer with an AC chassis this year, wouldn't the only thing left to be made in Japan be VK utility sleds?

Last edited:
If they are getting out of the sled business - because of how smart they are with their $ and sleds not being profitable, then they really made some bad financial decisions the last couple years as others have stated with the Winder only being 2 yrs old. Oh, and remember how we are all told 2-strokes are not profitable and we are 4-stroke only?
Then they release this?
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/2-up-touring-utility/models/2018/vk540

I'm sure they have had thousands of customers at their dealers asking for a new VK540 ;)

lots of people rely on a utility snowmobile to make their living. Look waaay up on a map, far past where groomed trails end...

The Northwest Company alone has ~13o stores in the north (NWT, Yukon, Nunavut, Alaska). There's also Russia and the Scandinavian countries. Yamaha cleaned up the emmisions enough for it to fit within their fleet average. If the Bravo (engine) wasn't so far out of the emissions parameters, they would still be making it, and selling every one they made.

I'm sure the last thing Textron wants to deal with right now is the sled business.
Imagine the post acquisition meeting went something like this:
Textron to Cat: Can you not loose any money for a few years while we merge operations we really care about?
Cat: Sure, we got this thing with Yamaha coming to a conclusion, mind if we renew for a few years.
Tex: OK, anything that keeps Hitler off a Ski-Doo.
Cat: Then what?
Tex: If you make a good profit, we'll sell you off to the highest bidder. If not, we'll dispatch you faster than turbo 1100 belt.

Why not think of what soon could be with Yamaha and Textron with an all new platform instead of what was and how it all began? Yes engines were shoehorned in but that was in da past and those sleds worked pretty darn good. A chassis designed for Yamaha engines with EPS sounds good to me!

yamaha is a well respected in building motors for alsorts of customers, that makes me wonder if they may have had a hand in the ctech development, from what i understand they have been working very well,they may also work well in a all yamaha chassie
so what are you saying CR????OR DID YOU JUST SAY THAT??LOL:yam:

Back