• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 release

Well new technology is coming and i cannot believe they are going to pull this off...s lighter sled is coming and it looks like 2 different frames one for a three cylinder and one for the apex motor..what i dont know is WHEN?????patents were released for the second time on this...must be close to time for them to pull the trigger!!!! Time will tell?

A pogo-stick sled with thicker fork tubes and longer travel, sporting a turbo phazer engine, with a single-swing arm rear suspension....that could be kool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I always wondered why they got away from the strut suspension. It was simple no a arms or trailing arms to bend or drag in the snow! With the experience and the technology they must have in motorcycle forks design you would think this would be the way to go! Why did they get away from it?

I always wondered why they got away from the strut suspension. It was simple no a arms or trailing arms to bend or drag in the snow! With the experience and the technology they must have in motorcycle forks design you would think this would be the way to go! Why did they get away from it?
I my guess is that it is most likely market demand driven. At the time, Polaris was deemed the best handling sled and best front end suspension. So everyone wanted 'that front end'. So that's what all the manufacturers (except Cat) made. Sometimes it doesn't matter if your product/design can be proven to be better when the market has already decided what they want. And want they don't want doesn't sell.

I my guess is that it is most likely market demand driven. At the time, Polaris was deemed the best handling sled and best front end suspension. So everyone wanted 'that front end'. So that's what all the manufacturers (except Cat) made. Sometimes it doesn't matter if your product/design can be proven to be better when the market has already decided what they want. And want they don't want doesn't sell.
Spot on. Yamaha has been down this road sooooo many times over the years.

Yeah your probably right! Just think about it though, wouldn't that be the ideal front end for the mountain segment?

Well new technology is coming and i cannot believe they are going to pull this off...s lighter sled is coming and it looks like 2 different frames one for a three cylinder and one for the apex motor..what i dont know is WHEN?????patents were released for the second time on this...must be close to time for them to pull the trigger!!!! Time will tell?
Where did this come from?

Official release date for the 2019 Yamaha lineup is March 6
This is good and bad for a couple reasons.

Bad: would mean Arctic Cat would release their units on 2-25-18 and would be able to showcase any new potential Yamaha changes prior to Yamaha. (if there are any) Two: could mean that Yamaha does have something all-yamaha that Cat will not have their hands on.

I want to believe the later, I do not believe the later. Someone above said Yamaha promised an all -new all-Japanese chassis for 2019? I would like to see a reference to that, as I can't remember seeing that anywhere. (that doesn't mean it doesn't exist)

Pogo front end gone because no way to connect the two sides for better cornering, a la sway bar. Just my thoughts

Pogo front end gone because no way to connect the two sides for better cornering, a la sway bar. Just my thoughts
Maybe, however look at the new set up on the Apex! Could they tie the struts together that way? They also had sway bar kits for them back in the day!

Maybe, however look at the new set up on the Apex! Could they tie the struts together that way? They also had sway bar kits for them back in the day!
I was thinking the same thing...the hydraulic 'swaybar' is interesting, and with electronics today, even some kind of bump sensitive system, like magnetic shocks. Or whatever they are called. Sensitivity adjustable for terrain and cornering force, from the dash.

1984 Phazer with T.S.S. had a sway bar. Bender Racing also sold a sway bar kit for the SRV back in the day as well. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the original VMax 540 had a sway bar as well. Even if not stock, I’m positive the sleds Tim Bender and Bobby Donahue raced did.

Oops, my bad, thought the sway bar didn't come out till later.

Come to think, I believe my 1994 VMAX had some type of integrated sway bar! I believe it was connected to the top bolt of the chicken leg or sissors leg what ever you want to call it!

Back