• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 release

My head hurts. Good grief guys just get out and ride someplace with what little snow and time we have left. :o| .
It looks like this----> :sled1:
Total miles on Apex this year... 3 miles, all our snow got sadly rained away, really bad season here this year, but I do some wheeling instead, but still not the same :( :drink:

We’re not gonna use something 100% cat. And the 540 2 stroke is already in the line up, and a reliable and cheap motor. And they showed the 02 phazer in the picture that was a 2 stroke not the current 500 4 strokes. I think it may be coming back to a fairly basic sled.

And I’ve never had luck in Canada. Everyone’s crap is either stolen or vandalized.

Actually it wouldn’t shock me. Consider the fact that Cat is still using the old Suzuki 570 fan in a twin spar for the entry level Lynx. You have to think it’s about time to make a Procross entry level fan 2 Stroke because there is still a pretty good market for those things. If Cat wants to rid itself completely of Suzuki then the 540 Yamaha engine would be a good replacement. New Lynx and Phazer? Well you never know. Lol

Actually it wouldn’t shock me. Consider the fact that Cat is still using the old Suzuki 570 fan in a twin spar for the entry level Lynx. You have to think it’s about time to make a Procross entry level fan 2 Stroke because there is still a pretty good market for those things. If Cat wants to rid itself completely of Suzuki then the 540 Yamaha engine would be a good replacement. New Lynx and Phazer? Well you never know. Lol
Cat allready is using the 540,Check out the 2018 bearcat xt 540

I am hoping for either a Cat procross with the 570 Zuk or a Yam procross with the 540. Who ever release this first will get my money.

The current VK platform is just to 'utility' for me and the Lynx Twin Spar is not rider forward enough.

Cat releases their sleds first, so get ready to go green.....

Do you think both Cat and Yam will use the 540 or will Cat keep the 570 from Suzuki?
Not that I mind either engine, both have proven to be bullet proof.

Do you think both Cat and Yam will use the 540 or will Cat keep the 570 from Suzuki?
Not that I mind either engine, both have proven to be bullet proof.

Well the 540 Yamaha engine has been redesigned and is now EPA compliant. As far as I know the 570 Suzuki isn’t even close to being compliant. If they use it in the Yamaha they will use it in the Cat IMHO.

Well the 540 Yamaha engine has been redesigned and is now EPA compliant. As far as I know the 570 Suzuki isn’t even close to being compliant. If they use it in the Yamaha they will use it in the Cat IMHO.

Decent difference in HP though, The 570 is 65ish twin carb and the 540 is around a 50hp single carb. If they both want to keep a very cheap EPA motor around I could see it. Yamaha has a big selection of air cooled 4 stroke twins they could turn into a fancooled sled motor!

1049 going away, not a chance in hell as it is bullet proof and a proven leader in its class. Redesign a new 180 HP + motor, why? A Japanese built chassis, not gonna happen. They have tried and failed too many times. I wish for new skis, but Yamaha has proven their stubborn so doubt it. New colors and stickers on Viper and Sidewinder, this will happen. Maybe an upgraded skid suspension, more probable than other things. Two stroke engine other than the 570, why? So what do I think they will do, if anything, as far as a new sled? You will see a 500 class price point sled with a high torque N/A 4 stroke engine that is lighter than the 1049 and already in production. Yup we will see a 998 minus the turbo stuck into the sno-cross chassis.

Yup we will see a 998 minus the turbo stuck into the sno-cross chassis.
I hope they don't do that. It will be too tempting for them to use lighter duty internals and too tempting for backyard mechanics to slap turbos on them.

too tempting for them to use lighter duty internals
I don't think Yamaha would go that route. If they build it the price point will be a little more than the competitors offerings and marketed as a premium offering in the class. I would think in the $9,500 to $10,500 range for base. Also, at that price point it won't make sense for them to add a turbo as you would just be building a Sidewinder that would cost less than adding the turbo. Plus, the 998 in it would be de-tuned to achieve a specific HP number.

I hear all that is being said about the Yamaha Cat prophesies and truly hope it isn't true. A true Yamaha sled would be my wish, maybe the Sidewinder power plant in an updated Apex chassis with EPS and Performance Dampers? Call it the SRX?

Whatever, just not only feline DNA and gaudy colours. Remember when we had sleds in classy metallic / metal flake paint colours.

27867690_1927917950856391_4043109284626634912_n.jpg

I think Ski Doo is releasing their 2019 lineup later today. But I received an email from Snow Goer this morning. It noted the release of a 2019 Ski Doo with a 150hp turbo 4-stroke.

Back