• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Front end

So did you order cat parts of yamaha? What part number for spindles? Shocked if yamaha has parts fich out already for the 20’s. Need to get my hands on new spindles to start working on some MPS arm to fit.

I ordered from Country Cat as they have the new parts for their 20's. I don't believe Yamaha is out.

The ones I ordered were from the Riot fiche that come in that Blue color:
Right Spindle: 3703-994
Left Spindle: 3703-995

What parts are required to make the upgrade to 2020 specs?

I ordered from Country Cat. The spindles are in the Electric Blue from the Riot and the A-arms are Black.

Qty 2 - ARM,UPPER-42 inch-BLK-ASSY: 3703-935
Qty 2 - SCREW,SHOULDER-TSH M8X1.25X25 CL8.8 Z&C: 2623-067
Qty 2 - NUT,TRI-M8X1.25 CL8 Z&Y: 2623-066
Qty 4 - SCREW,CAP-HFH M6X1.0X45 CL10.9 SILV: 8413-645
Qty 4 - AXLE,A-ARM-UPPER-ALUM: 3603-258
Qty 4 - NUT,HEX FLG-NYL LOCK M6X1.0 CL10 SILV: 8437-604
Qty 1 - SPINDLE,RH-ELE BLU-FABR: 3703-994
Qty 1 - SPINDLE,LH-ELE BLU-FABR: 3703-995

I believe, after watching how the 2019 cat racer compared to the 2018 this past year, that this new front end will be significantly better. they seemed to turn better and stay flatter in the curves and bumps! On a side note I heard Cat will not have a new race sled for 2019/2020. Also No factory team. The big privateer teams like Woodys and Christian Bros will be running the 2018/2019 sled.
My son , who trail rides Cat race sleds and has a 18 , said they closed down the Cat Race department , that supplied sleds ,parts, and support to all the Cat racers . He re valved the shocks and they sold him the softer springs and related parts for cost .
That sled is a hoot on the trails , corner to corner ! Dan would love it !
That year has the fuel injection , and he gets over 80 klms. on the little race tank .
Might have a little to do with using over 100 octane gas.
Either Yamaha convinced them they don't need the race department , or they don't want it when they buy AC , or Textron is shedding overhead .

My son , who trail rides Cat race sleds and has a 18 , said they closed down the Cat Race department , that supplied sleds ,parts, and support to all the Cat racers . He re valved the shocks and they sold him the softer springs and related parts for cost .
That year has the fuel injection , and he gets over 80 klms. on the little race tank .
Either Yamaha convinced them they don't need the race department , or they don't want it when they buy AC , or Textron is shedding overhead .

Hmmm, I heard that was a bad rumour .

Artic Cat posted on facebook that is fake news.

Agreed! Must be some different geometry going on! Have to take measurements on the new set up. Wonder if the the skid is mounted lower in the front to even things out?

You would think they would have had to relocate the skid to accommodate. If front spindles are taller you are essentially taking weight off the center shock and steering would really get heavy.

I don't know if that is fake news. I asked a local Cat dealer what he has heard. He said good news and bad news. The bad news is that there is no race department this year and the big private teams, like Christian Brothers and Woodies, will be running last years race sleds. The additional bad news is that they are consolidating smaller Cat dealerships. The good news he said is that it won't affect his dealership, he sold enough snow check sleds this spring! I asked him how many he sold and he said eight. So is it fake news? Hard to say. The one thing for shure it definitely sounds like a big corporation bean counter move that Textron is doing! History definitely repeats itself.

Screenshot_20190709-102356_Facebook.jpg
From their facebook page.

Have you compared the upper arms dimensionally from center line of bulkhead pivot to center line of the ball in joint? Curious how they differ as I have not yet gotten my hands on the arcs parts yet. Depending how they differ maybe I can make up a retrofit kit using 14-19 front end components to dimensionally match the ARCS.

I still find it ironic that they opted to improve the best handling front end in the industry over all the quirks. Ha.

Have you compared the upper arms dimensionally from center line of bulkhead pivot to center line of the ball in joint? Curious how they differ as I have not yet gotten my hands on the arcs parts yet. Depending how they differ maybe I can make up a retrofit kit using 14-19 front end components to dimensionally match the ARCS.

I still find it ironic that they opted to improve the best handling front end in the industry over all the quirks. Ha.

I have not measured that. Not with my sled until the weekend or next.

I rode the 2020 t-cat and it for sure handles nicer than my winder. Very planted and real nice turn in and carving. no twithiness that happens just before you lift a ski that can happen on the winder. Nice and flat and carved. I was impressed. Enough so I am going to upgrade the same way in the fall. I looked at the tunnel and the location points are the same in the tunnel from what I saw. With an inch or so difference in height a the spindle it equates to less than half an inch at the front shock in the rear suspension. I think they just offset that by changing the spring pressure and length of strap. It did work really well.

Jester

Maybe a longer front shock and limiter straps to get any transfer at all. The 137 didn't lift the skis much as it is.

Back