• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Front end

I think it may just be longer limiter straps that has changed in the rear. From the '20 catalog the rear front shock's look to be the same for '17 - '20.

It could be. I don’t have a handle on the geometry since minute changes have a big effect in skid for sure. Way more than shocks even. I just worry since 250 or so lb guys already were on med with torsions to get rear ride height on 137’s.

Last edited:
Any longer straps than my ltx viper had and you'd rip the shock apart. It had a 1/4" of shock left at the last hole!

I ordered from Country Cat. The spindles are in the Electric Blue from the Riot and the A-arms are Black.

Qty 2 - ARM,UPPER-42 inch-BLK-ASSY: 3703-935
Qty 2 - SCREW,SHOULDER-TSH M8X1.25X25 CL8.8 Z&C: 2623-067
Qty 2 - NUT,TRI-M8X1.25 CL8 Z&Y: 2623-066
Qty 4 - SCREW,CAP-HFH M6X1.0X45 CL10.9 SILV: 8413-645
Qty 4 - AXLE,A-ARM-UPPER-ALUM: 3603-258
Qty 4 - NUT,HEX FLG-NYL LOCK M6X1.0 CL10 SILV: 8437-604
Qty 1 - SPINDLE,RH-ELE BLU-FABR: 3703-994
Qty 1 - SPINDLE,LH-ELE BLU-FABR: 3703-995

So to confirm, with these parts we could have the '20 front end upgrades on a <'19 sled? That doesn't seem so bad, everything fit up ok? Then it's just tweaking the straps and/or front rear shock as mentioned, I have a 129" and really want to make it turn better in the twisty trails!

So to confirm, with these parts we could have the '20 front end upgrades on a <'19 sled? That doesn't seem so bad, everything fit up ok? Then it's just tweaking the straps and/or front rear shock as mentioned, I have a 129" and really want to make it turn better in the twisty trails!

It should all work on <'19 sleds. I don't believe the front end changed on 17/18's vs. 19's. Everything bolted right up nicely.

It should all work on <'19 sleds. I don't believe the front end changed on 17/18's vs. 19's. Everything bolted right up nicely.

Awesome, priced it out in CAD here and it's not too bad, looks like $725 + tax and shipping. I have the Blue spindles already so I wonder how close that Riot blue would be, all I would need to do is get my current white lower A-Arm powder coated black as I don't like the white anyways. (I now also have black skis unlike my Avatar pic)

Also, love your wrap, where did you get that?

Just went through the parts catalog and it seems the t-cat front skid shock for 2020 is different from 19 part# and twice the price! Rear shock stays the same. Thinking the length changed. along with limit strap part#

Last edited:
Just went through the parts catalog and it seems the t-cat front skid shock for 2020 is different from 19 part# and twice the price! Rear shock stays the same. Thinking the length changed. along with limit strap part#

I was wondering the same thing. If I compare the part # for the shock on the '19 vs. '20, they both say it's Shock, Front Arm 317.25. What I don't know is whether the 317.25 is the length in millimeters?

No measurement on Canadian site just price. 20 is $361 and 19 was like $180 or close to that .so obviously a difference.

It could be. I don’t have a handle on the geometry since minute changes have a big effect in skid for sure. Way more than shocks even. I just worry since 250 or so lb guys already were on med with torsions to get rear ride height on 137’s.
Are kidding steve,mine have ben on max from day one,and I am 240 lbs of course a little more suited up.

So spindles and A-arms need to be changed,are spindles taller? Are the A-arms longer as well?

So spindles and A-arms need to be changed,are spindles taller? Are the A-arms longer as well?
Just upper arm and Spindle. The mounting point for lower arm is up higher on spindle. Width should stay same unless using the cat race sled setup. Not sure if any other geometry changes were made in arms,spindles or rear suspension.

Just upper arm and Spindle. The mounting point for lower arm is up higher on spindle. Width should stay same unless using the cat race sled setup. Not sure if any other geometry changes were made in arms,spindles or rear suspension.
Thanks Steve,how is your summer going. Been preety hot in a lot of areas. Was yp on Mt Washington auto road today and still a little patch of snow just off the north side,not much but some,views were great.

Has anyone found out if anything in the rear change to compensate for the additional ski pressure with new spindles?

Has anyone found out if anything in the rear change to compensate for the additional ski pressure with new spindles?
I think that someone mentioned that the mounting holes for the front torque arm were lower on the tunnel.

Back