• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Pics...

Black is sorta mundian to me now....so many black doos all look same.

But, a black sled is so so so so much easier to keep clean! My White/Red 50th is a real chore! But it sure pops, unlike the zillionth black sled going by...lol

Dan

Yes they look good with the 19 SE windshield
65B194BF-529E-4198-8029-3AFEB5C0F41E.jpeg

Looks like a total chassis overhaul and keep it another year... lol

This is same sled I saw posted 3 months ago on Qc forums....so I had a feeling, this has been sold already in Europe last yr. Stupid for YAM to use cat 2s engine IMO.

Dan
It’s stupid for Yamaha to put their motor in a all Arctic Cat sled, in Thief River Falls, should have made their own chassis

I agree...id rather be fixing the shortcomings(mechanically) and have a sled that is pure smiles when riding. Then buy a sled that has shortcomings in which you cannot fix.

Simply put, there is nothing in this category of power and handling, so the engineering shortcomings are something I will take, and fix to have the only sled out there I can actually love to ride/own.

Tried to talk myself into the 900t with tune....Plenty of Jam(w/a tune)and great handling/shocks ect....but ridiculous ITC throttle just is horrible, and Im so glad I did not talk myself into "getting used to it". The throttle is something that is part of your every move/touch while riding....not really something you can forget, when its so bad.

While a 270r tune will turn a 998 into a snappy 2 stroke like, nose lifting, knoll hopping monster....It really is not even close to any other sled out there. Im happy to see the 4s Viper is back too, which is the ONLY other 4s sled package that has killer instant YAMAHA 4s snap. BRP really should go back to drawing board with their 4s engine design, its been talked about since 2009, the intake trac is too long and can never have instant throttle response like the YAM design does, with our TB's right near cylinders. BRP will keep offering this, so their cash cow keeps making them the big profits.

Dan
trust me the srx is even better , handling around corners is amazing , I have had a 17 sidewinder , currently 850 skidoo , and a buddy of mine had a boosted 900t drove it for a weekend and hated how it handled and traded it for a renegade the following week , im always jumping back on my srx and enjoying it over all the other sleds I have ridden , u can't beat the boosted power of these sleds ,

Agreed on the negativity, on a Yamaha fan site no less. Haha.

Anyway, for me and what I do, the Transporter and BTX are looking pretty sweet. Zero grooming where I sled, so some track lug is pretty essential.

I agree with sledding rocks
Just lowering the sled made it handle that much better
I have a 19 tcat and it’s much better than th prior two year sleds in the handling dept

This is same sled I saw posted 3 months ago on Qc forums....so I had a feeling, this has been sold already in Europe last yr. Stupid for YAM to use cat 2s engine IMO.

Dan

Agreed, Yamaha has the technology, not sure why they went the route to purchase full machines from CAT

Well, the cat engine obviously satisfies Yamaha if they are willing to put their name on it, and Yamaha may have even been involved in developing or refining it. Again, when I looked at the SRVenture DX and the Pantera 7000, the DX fit and finish was far better than the Cat build. I suspect this will hold true for the Transporter as well. Although I really do like the ProUte skis, and would probably toss a set on the Transporter if I got one.

Whether or not we are prepared to acknowledge or accept it, Yamaha and Cat are totes BFFs and we should just maybe chill with the pearl-clutching already.

No 129",that's dissapointing, just did a nice 150mile ride on my R-TX today. It's setup so darn good and so fast, I don't know if anything else would compare.

Polaris could be an option on an Indy or Rush 850 but IMHO they are out to lunch wih their pricing and Snowcheck offers so that leaves only an MXZ with an 850... .. Not sure it would be as good.

Might have to keep mine, crazy.

Not disagreeing with how good the SW is or can be. I have never ridden one. I just don’t want 180 hp or the price that goes with it. I’m more disappointed that Yamaha has seemed to give up on sleds and don’t seem to be interested in designing anything. Whats next for them? A more powerful Sidewinder with 215 hp? Maybe but that is not for me and I don’t think it’s what most are looking for. There is a sled out there for me and there used to be several options. Now there are none that interest me.

Not disagreeing with how good the SW is or can be. I have never ridden one. I just don’t want 180 hp or the price that goes with it. I’m more disappointed that Yamaha has seemed to give up on sleds and don’t seem to be interested in designing anything. Whats next for them? A more powerful Sidewinder with 215 hp? Maybe but that is not for me and I don’t think it’s what most are looking for. There is a sled out there for me and there used to be several options. Now there are none that interest me.

So then go with a SRViper?

Back