• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Pics...

Just got back from a local 124 mile jaunt...
bumps, bare roads, some mud, certainly not Maine or canada..lol...and, almost 2000 miles. Still...(seems to be) flawless....Rollers, belt, etc...a blast every time to ride. Did pick up some horse manure in one barnyard...lol!
You’ll need a long track to get through the Amish yards!!!

Wonder why Cat only has the thundercat for 2020 ?

Rumour is cat is working on a new chassis for 2021 with only 2 stokes. Yamaha will own the current chassis and will have the 4 stokes to themselves.

Will dealers have any room though on pricing with the cats? Or is that pretty much it is what it is? That's what I'll be interested to hear. I doubt you'll be paying the Yamaha MSRP on a Sidewinder.....never did in the past. I'm guessing dealer pricing on a Winder will be not too far off the Cat pricing.
My guess is the SNOWMAGEDDON pricing for spring only is the bottom line. I would also guess that many dealers will add freight and setup(PDI). 2020 Cats can only be spring ordered, there will be no ' in season' 2020 cats from my understanding. Textron basically is getting smart, and wanting to clear out MANY YEARS of non-currents. So there are even better deals to be had in the Cat world if you dont mine older model years.

As for Winders, I know my dealer usually prices aggressively. Last year mine had an MSRP of 16,799 and I bought it for 14,700 all in(pre tax). So Id assume a solid 2k discount off MSRP by many dealers, maybe even a tad more? I had to buy my 5 yr warranty last season which I worked into my price too. For '20 it looks like ALL sleds will come with a 5 yr warranty when spring ordering. So that is a nice adder for many who dont get a good warranty deal like I did last yr.

Now if you use '20 SRX at 17,999 you will still likely be around 15,750(pre-tax) is my best guess for a good deal. While the Tcat for '20 is the exact same sled at 14,495....some dealers may add in some PDI, but its still gonna be 1k or so cheaper Id guess. And the other thing is you can buy the tcat without elec shocks, making it 13,995 for those that want the manual adjust qs3 shocks which are certainly less worrisome of any issues. Comes down to, do you want black/green with TEAM clutches or not. Also i like the Rip2(1 inch) style track that comes on the Tcat better then the Rip1 on the SRX. Spindle and Skid color is ugly though, guessing in real life it will be more gold/brass looking then brown, i hope.lol

Dan

Dan what are you going to buy?
That is the million dollar question! I did not sleep all night..lol

I really am bummed the RTX(129'') did not come back, I believe that is a real oversight on Yamaha's part. I just absolutely love how I have mine transfering, and never could even come close with the 137 to this fun factor.

Also, the colors just aren't speaking to me....I have always wanted a BLUE YAM, I would have bought a blue SRX like the 19, but sure enough now its black and Ive just owned way too many black sleds,lol. I do like the SE model with blue/orange but not a fan of how plain the black tunnel looks, and I would have to buy some good shocks for the SE. That leaves the blue on blue LE. I like that they are back to 1.25 tracks and 21/41 gears all around for 2020, but just not loving baby blue on a sled, the spindles just look odd on baby blue to me. Maybe in real life that sled is stunning, and i read many magazine articles saying it looks incredible, so will see at the show. GT is a good deal really, but Red not really loving it, and its similar to my color now. In season model which is nice.

I could likely grab a 19 SRX or LE....which I like both of colors, but the 19s dont have the new front end which I read works really really well, and no push button start, and no tether. And its already a year old, so would need to be priced right.

Grrrrr....

Dan

I predict that Dan will see the blue on blue LE at the show and put his money down. And order it without skis again.

I spoke to my AC dealer here,he stated he was ordering sleds for next year, they don’t have to all be snow checked.

I thought the Yamahas all had to be snow checked ?

I am very disappointed with the 2020 sleds in that there is nothing new, but at the same time not surprised. Every year we speculate they will bring something new to the table. The colors are not what I would choose for a snowmobile but will reserve my opinion till I see them in person. And the pricing is ridiculous especially when you compare it to Cat with their early incentives. Yamaha and Cat are in a transitional period right now and it shows.

It's unfortunate they make no attempt to improve the glaring issues such as clutch, belt, drive shaft bearings, and chain case designs. Look at their motorcycle site and you see "new and improved" because they continually refine to make their product better. They introduce new low cost models to bring people into the sport. This is what needs to be done to the sledding world and not by just one manufacture but all of them. How many newbies want a powerful machine like the viper or sidewinder? How many can afford to buy a pair to get into the sport?

Spoke to a cat rep and dealers will be able to get a limited supply of 20s based on what leftovers they have and if no leftovers, dealers can get some 2018-2019 shipped to ensure they have showroom capacity covered. To be honest, we have an 18 800 in our group with a precision flash, ypipe and reeds and it flat rips and is a fantastic sled. Issues with chaincase have been fine on the smaller machines and the team clutches are very good. He got his sled for 9200 CA with QS3 shocks etc. IT trounces a doo 850 in our group through the gears with a close top end. They want all sleds gone by years end. Ask yourself why would they do this? Something big is coming which could be yamaha going to their own setup, buying cat, Cat going 2 smoke only, Yamaha buying cat and selling two brands(Yamaha-4 stroke- Cat 2smoker). Anyone's guess at this point. I think it is a moot point to discuss the problems. I have many friends with stock winders with of 10 K on them with 2-3 belts used. None of them tuned. Mine is tuned and I have blown one belt in 3000 miles. The first at 2500 and I am boosted. Cat has a hell of a deal right now. I really like the look of the Riot just wish cat had not forgotten about Orange and black. Cheers

Jester

Interesting Rumor I heard from a friend is that Yamaha and cat is readying an 880 triple that was co-developed with cat and Yamaha tech. Yamaha has a great HPDI but cats slot injection for a boost port would be the best of both worlds as it lubes the underside of the piston and wrist pin and makes for a great long term reliable engine. I have friends in Quebec with over 20K miles on cat 600s and the top ends still look great. Cat engines have never been the issue. Their Chassis parts is another discussion. Imagine a triple in an all new chassis made of carbon fiber/composite. That would be worth a look a I just love the sound of the Yamaha triples.

Jester

Also, this yr is interesting....as CAT only offers One model(Tcat) with turbo for 2020. With or without Elec shocks.
Interesting Rumor I heard from a friend is that Yamaha and cat is readying an 880 triple that was co-developed with cat and Yamaha tech. Yamaha has a great HPDI but cats slot injection for a boost port would be the best of both worlds as it lubes the underside of the piston and wrist pin and makes for a great long term reliable engine. I have friends in Quebec with over 20K miles on cat 600s and the top ends still look great. Cat engines have never been the issue. Their Chassis parts is another discussion. Imagine a triple in an all new chassis made of carbon fiber/composite. That would be worth a look a I just love the sound of the Yamaha triples.

Jester
Doubt it is a triple(if it exists). Would have to be twin, as a triple with single pipe simply won't make as much power.

That is the million dollar question! I did not sleep all night..lol

I really am bummed the RTX(129'') did not come back, I believe that is a real oversight on Yamaha's part. I just absolutely love how I have mine transfering, and never could even come close with the 137 to this fun factor.

Also, the colors just aren't speaking to me....I have always wanted a BLUE YAM, I would have bought a blue SRX like the 19, but sure enough now its black and Ive just owned way too many black sleds,lol. I do like the SE model with blue/orange but not a fan of how plain the black tunnel looks, and I would have to buy some good shocks for the SE. That leaves the blue on blue LE. I like that they are back to 1.25 tracks and 21/41 gears all around for 2020, but just not loving baby blue on a sled, the spindles just look odd on baby blue to me. Maybe in real life that sled is stunning, and i read many magazine articles saying it looks incredible, so will see at the show. GT is a good deal really, but Red not really loving it, and its similar to my color now. In season model which is nice.

I could likely grab a 19 SRX or LE....which I like both of colors, but the 19s dont have the new front end which I read works really really well, and no push button start, and no tether. And its already a year old, so would need to be priced right.

Grrrrr....

Dan
Don Jr has both a LE and SRX and i believe they are zero percent because they are 2019. I was just in there the other day.

Back