• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey DA177... Hope you are not buying the one I was looking at? I was holding off on buying a sled for my wife...waiting to see the 2020's so I could get her a new one with power steering, but sadly, no choices...so now I'm looking at leftovers...slim pickings.

the venture has eps.

You better avoid those new poo indy 600s. Funny what some people consider fast. Im sure you bought the intake, exhaust and clutching for fuel economy.
I ride with 2 new Polaris 600 and it isn't even close, they pull out in front of me for about 50-100 ft and then I go right past them. The viper feels slow cause of the suspension but it will beat any of the 600's out there

I don't understand why everyone has to try and speculate what is going to happen in the future for Yamaha and then when it doesn't happen and rumors don't come true it's a big let down and everyone complains and rips on Yamaha. I'm pretty sure there wasn't really anything that was all that great from any of the manufacturers this year. Like I said before if you don't like the direction Yamaha is headed or what they are doing move on to something different. You all need to understand weather you like it or not that both the 998 4 cyl and any Yamaha 2 stroke are gone and I don't think they will ever be back. They will keep the pro cross chassis for now and something may or may not change in the future. I get really tired of some guys coming on a Totally Yamaha site and saying I'm done with Yamaha, good don't let the door hit ya in the a$$ on the way out.

the venture has eps.

Yes...True and the VK Professional has EPS too, But She wants a 1-up sled of her own.

I don't understand why everyone has to try and speculate what is going to happen in the future for Yamaha and then when it doesn't happen and rumors don't come true it's a big let down and everyone complains and rips on Yamaha. I'm pretty sure there wasn't really anything that was all that great from any of the manufacturers this year. Like I said before if you don't like the direction Yamaha is headed or what they are doing move on to something different. You all need to understand weather you like it or not that both the 998 4 cyl and any Yamaha 2 stroke are gone and I don't think they will ever be back. They will keep the pro cross chassis for now and something may or may not change in the future. I get really tired of some guys coming on a Totally Yamaha site and saying I'm done with Yamaha, good don't let the door hit ya in the a$$ on the way out.

Hey TPAY234... I hear you, but I think you may have misunderstood most of us. Most of us here are DieHard Yamaha. We are not going anywhere. Its part of the fun...part of the excitement to talk about what may come, and yeah we get bummed out a bit when it doesn't. Most of that is because we have been hearing it directly from Yamaha since before the Cat deal. They have had over 5 years to work on something new. We are just wondering where it is.

And you are right...to those who are saying "I'm done with Yamaha"don't let the door hit ya in the a$$ on the way out.

Just saying

Yamaha doesn’t have to come out with something new every year but with so many years gone by and they say they are committed to the snowmobile industry, where is the product?? And don’t tell me the Sidewinder is a great achievement for Yamaha. Yamaha built the engine, and it’s a good one at that. But other manufactures are building entire new sleds (SD 900T, Alpha, Evo, XC)offering what their customers want. Yamaha should be embarrassed. Sorry but I’m not the kind of person that gives everybody a participation trophy or just tells someone nice try, Good effort. That’s for six yr olds not big corporations.

Yamaha is like the son that's not doing too well in school. You really want to kick his #*$&@ and let him know he's headed in the wrong direction. If he wants to play with the big boys with the big toys he better get his arse in gear. Now clean up your room and show me the sled I know you can make!

Tbone really 900T, Alpa, Evo, and xc those are the kind of things your looking for, what is so great about any of them, how many Evo's do you see on the trail i have not seen one since there release on the trail. I'm not a mountain rider so I could care less about the Alpa. The XC is not a new release been around for ever and the 900T I'm sure the 2020 Viper will give it a run for it's money next season. I have not ever rode a 900T but my riding buddy has a 850 and it did not impress me one bit i would never buy one. You basically rattled of a bunch of sleds that are really not that big of a deal. Please tell me about this great big release you are talking about from the other manufacturers. Guess what there isn't any not that hard to figure out. You want a 900T because you think it's such a great machine go buy one and you can become a member of Doo Talk. This site is great in many ways but I don't think it was created for everyone to come on here and cut down Yamaha because they are not building what a handful of certain people want. I would like to see something new also but I will not sit and complain about it because it's not here yet. As soon as my YXZ is paid off i will be buying a New Viper or Sidewinder i rode to many of the other manufacturers machines and will not buy anything else.

Tbone really 900T, Alpa, Evo, and xc those are the kind of things your looking for, what is so great about any of them, how many Evo's do you see on the trail i have not seen one since there release on the trail. I'm not a mountain rider so I could care less about the Alpa. The XC is not a new release been around for ever and the 900T I'm sure the 2020 Viper will give it a run for it's money next season. I have not ever rode a 900T but my riding buddy has a 850 and it did not impress me one bit i would never buy one. You basically rattled of a bunch of sleds that are really not that big of a deal. Please tell me about this great big release you are talking about from the other manufacturers. Guess what there isn't any not that hard to figure out. You want a 900T because you think it's such a great machine go buy one and you can become a member of Doo Talk. This site is great in many ways but I don't think it was created for everyone to come on here and cut down Yamaha because they are not building what a handful of certain people want. I would like to see something new also but I will not sit and complain about it because it's not here yet. As soon as my YXZ is paid off i will be buying a New Viper or Sidewinder i rode to many of the other manufacturers machines and will not buy anything else.

I’m glad your happy with whatever you want to call the sled you have. You’re putting words in my mouth that the sleds I mentioned are great. I never said they were. They are their for the consumer to decide if the are great. If the Evo is so bad and didn’t sell, why did they introduce a mountain version? Every manufacture except Yamaha has introduced multiple sleds of the last several years to meet what the market demands. That’s why they sell sleds and have money for R&D why Yamaha makes excuses like there is not enough snow or enough profit in snowmobiles to justify the the expense. Polaris and SD are are not on an inventory reduction program of new sleds that are two model years old. Thats how well they have sold over the years. This year will be no different and next March will be no different than this March. I only want Yamaha to succeed cause without them this site does not exist. Maybe Tom should look into the AC4Stroke domain name just Incase. Be safe and enjoy your Arctic Cat....errrr...I mean Yamaha.

Last edited:
As far as the trail segment goes, there was nothing new or special for us. Are the trail sleds "that good", that manufacturers don't need to fix that area? Mountain and off trail segment is big I guess, so maybe that's why they are pushing "new" stuff there?

I agree with T-Bone. Ski-doo and Polaris pretty much release a new model or whole entire sled every year. How can they do that and still make money? It's pretty simple, they sell what people want and that's why they are leading the pack by a large margin. What really bugs me is the guys that don't ride in the mountains so I get the impression that they could care less if manufacture make mountain sleds and I feel some even think they are stupid. Well I'm sorry to tell you but that's a HUGE market right now and that's why ski-doo and Polaris put a lot of focuse into it and cat has really stepped it up in the last few years as well. I want Yamaha to thrive but what they are doing is telling a different story. Something is up with them, good or bad that's to be determined.

there really is not anything that stands out for anyone,chassis changes are minimal at best except the alpha!!!

Looking at the stx gt 2 up. Pics show piggy back shocks but the write up say hpg. Does anyone know what shocks are on this sled?

Again as stated earlier, I think they did a good job going from spring order only in 2019 with limited choices, to in-season orders and several new sled offerings.
Yeah they left the mountain segment to AC and maybe address next year, at least they did bring back a delta box chassis, just wished it had a 4 holer NA 998cc under the hood.

There was a few comments regarding Arctic Cat being sold to Yamaha, yatta yatta yatta....so this article is kinda relevant. Copy and Paste relevant stuff with a link as well.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/18/reu...t-buy-for-profit-miss-shares-fall-11-pct.html

Oct 18 (Reuters) - Textron Inc posted a lower-than-expected quarterly profit on Thursday due to lingering problems at its industrial products unit that houses its recently acquired Arctic Cat all-terrain vehicle business, sending its shares down 11 percent.

Investors worried the maker of Cessna business jets was struggling to integrate the business after the company said it was undergoing a "painful learning experience" in its efforts to add more customers at the retail level and manage discounting.

Textron was one year behind schedule on booking gains from the Arctic Cat acquisition, Chief Executive Officer Scott Donnelly said on a conference call, while pointing to poor management of the unit.

"We went into this expecting to be able to generate accretion in year one. Obviously, that's not going to happen," he said.

"When you have something like that going on, it creates enough chaos that drives down the operating performance."

The company last week replaced Kevin Holleran, in charge of Arctic Cat's parent unit, with Scott Ernest, the head of its aviation business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back