• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Sidewinder or Tcat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’ll keep my sled for another season, I’ve only had like 500 miles on new motor/ clutch setup.
Yea I’m contemplating that also. I love mine even at 7200 miles. Gotta do drive shaft bearing. But still under YES warranty. Really torn.

What mileage do you do that drive shaft bearing.

Yes going to do under warranty. Have to get with dealer. I got 7200 on mine and lost bearing. It was my own fault as I should have done some checking/repack on it. That bearing needs attention every season probably. It has been posted on here as far as repacking bearing and checking if it has spun on shaft. The issue with most as this is not a very easy thing for most to perform. For most guys this may be a big task. I’m certainly capable myself but I was going to do a track replace and was hoping to make it through this year. Not so lucky. Guy could maybe just replace the bearing every 5k maybe?

I suppose for some the question is not popular.

I am weighing my options before making a commitment.

Rode a 2019 SRX for 60 trail miles hard and loved it thus the desire to get another 4 stroke and ditch my 2017 AC ZR 8000 2 stroke. Which is up for sale now. Before that I had an 2011 Apex SE. Also rode the doo 850 and still prefer the 4 stroke engine decompression braking and smoothness. Much easier to ride the 4 stroke hard and longer distances for me anyway. I want the 1" to 1.5" drop of the SRX.

Any comments on 1" lugs vs. 1.25" vs 1.6" lugs? I like corner rotation on trails and only ride trails.

Anyway the present spring order results in about a $2,300 difference in price. This can be chalked up to in part the warranty/extended service. This leaves approximately a $700 gap between the two.

In theory the SW has a better clutch but after reading through that thread it is questionable.

I am not necessarily a brand loyalist or hater. Either sled offers a disappointing color choice. A wrap can fix that though.

I have seen varying opinions on the YES with regard lack of honoring the YES agreement.

Is there any compelling changes to the 2020's or other verifiable features etc. That would drive the decision one way or the other? Please offer your constructive comments and opinions.
Run the storm 150 track you will love it

Never like Cat design windows on a Winder. Looks like a Cat.

Far better with actual SRX window. But still not even close to the sizzle of the '19 ALL blue SRX IMO....Anytime you have painted tunnel, in particular the YAM blue, it just sizzles.

Not a huge SRX fan for my trails, but that blue would have had me buying one this yr and I would have made my mods to get it how I want. Black, no thanks. Buy the Tcat if i wanted black for 4k less.

Dan
Dan, were any of the new Cat tunnel accessories on display at the show?

I think the Thundercat spindles and rails ruin the whole look of the sled. Even though the price of the Cat is really good those colors are a deal breaker.
I now know what happened to the Barnum and Baily Circus employees. They are now designing the color schemes for Yamaha. With those colors and graphics they just went from the best looking sleds to the worst looking.

Even the G4 Doo's that you guys think are ugly look good in comparison.

Don't know why everyone says the cat is cheaper, I priced to compare here in Ontario and the thundercat with IACT out the door with 1yr warranty is 17600. Add two year warranty for 1600 which gives you 19200. Add tax on this too.
I have got a deal for 18800 on srx which comes with 4year warranty. Definitely cat is not cheaper. And the crap coloured spindles and rails is not worth extra money imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back