• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Sidewinder or Tcat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep , you need to add to cost of sled shock upgrade, especially when you’re coming from LE model..

This might sound crazy but I went Winder because of the Yamaha clutches and if I were doing it now I would go Cat because of the Yamaha clutches.

Lmao love my PB80/Yam secondary combo.

Rode some vectors the other day...my sw rattle is nothing compared to them, and belt life is excellent so far...happy with the yam clutches.
2100+ miles, happy with the whole dam sled!

Last edited:
Yeah I am keeping eye on Tcat myself.....Pricing is hard to pass up, but I want to see the suspension color in person. I have a feeling the color will look good in person, maybe a gold/brass or whatever it is. I recall BRP did that many moons ago on their first Rmotion i think it was. So it might look great, but the pics sure are bad ....lol
It does look different in person.
Looks better in person , but still not sure I like it .

No problem with Yamaha warranty for me, complete chaincase rebuild for reverse at 7500 miles, Camso warranteed 1.6 cobra track which had some lugs ripped off , when front drive axle was pulled dealer noticed axle wear and Artic cat warranteed that at 5800 miles, I now have storm 150 and like it way more then the cobra, I'am a happy camper, new track,all 4 bearings changed, new axle, new chain case rebuild and now have 8400 miles, all good, butI like the looks of the Black SRX, but I love the boost of my sled, to my surprise it had a 5 year warranty. My sled is LTX SE and was wondering if I should have all shocks rebuilt and coils springs, or buy new? How much better do the
Le's suspension ride, I have not ridden one, any thoughts!

Just back from the show....got tons of pics of all trails sleds from Yam,Doo and Cat.....

One little tidbit I liked seeing in person is this. Not that I want to recirculate all my oil vapours back into my intake track, but it does show someone is listening to us here on TY. Northern REP could not divulge any info whatsoever on all our other issues that I cornered him on....Grrrr.

And BTW, Tcat spindles(color)just dont look good IMO at all...But the Tcat price sure looks good.lol

Dan

Heated ROV(not big news to many im sure)
IMG_4571.jpg
IMG_4572.jpg
IMG_4573.jpg

New front end is really nice...

-1.5" taller from Ski to Lower A arm
-Upper A arm redesigned, lighter and stronger, better weld setup at end IMO
-Adjustable camber now
-New MASSIVE ball joint!

Dan

OLD Front end
IMG_1134.jpg

New front end
IMG_1135.jpg

Massive Ball joint
IMG_4577.jpg
IMG_4578.jpg
IMG_4579.jpg

Did you ask if Yamaha & Textron have extended there current sled building deal ???

I hope that helps but I thought the moisture in the hose would also freeze on occasion which could cause excess pressure and blow the oil seal? I thought something more simple like a venting oil plug/dipstick would correct that issue. I'm no engineer but if it worked on the Japan built sleds why wouldn't it work on these oil tanks? Or why not just heat the whole length of that hose including the rov valve.

Just back from the show....got tons of pics of all trails sleds from Yam,Doo and Cat.....

One little tidbit I liked seeing in person is this. Not that I want to recirculate all my oil vapours back into my intake track, but it does show someone is listening to us here on TY. Northern REP could not divulge any info whatsoever on all our other issues that I cornered him on....Grrrr.

And BTW, Tcat spindles(color)just dont look good IMO at all...But the Tcat price sure looks good.lol

Dan

Heated ROV(not big news to many im sure)
View attachment 147430 View attachment 147431 View attachment 147432
That really is only good for guys that don't modify their sleds ... lol

Massive ball joint, still found a way to fasten it with a TORX lol.
Is the upper A arm and ball joint a direct fit to the 2017-2019???

IMG_5960.jpg

This front end has a lot different spindle setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back