• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Viper - new airbox and intake!

Janne339

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
2021 Sidewinder LTX GT
FB_IMG_1551865111801~2.jpg

I just don't see Yamaha changing the intake....but we will see once the models come out.

You think they could have made the front frog screen.

Last year (model year 2019) Cat had the ZR7000 available with the updated plastics. Wouldn't the new Viper simply be just that?

I just don't see Yamaha changing the intake....but we will see once the models come out.

You think they could have made the front frog screen.

My understanding from a conversation yesterday is the intake takes in more air, is shorter and direct. Overall more and colder air is being fed.

My understanding from a conversation yesterday is the intake takes in more air, is shorter and direct. Overall more and colder air is being fed.

It looks like they did change it. WillowAce and NOS-PRO, you can see the new ducting with the frog skin over the openings in the original post picture. It does look like the new ducting is a shorter distance and allows for clean cold air to go straight into the air box. The airbox looks the same, I’m assuming they blocked off the old intake port. Ultimately it looks (from the picture) that it will be an improvement due to the fact the airbox won’t be pulling in air heated.

It looks like they did change it. WillowAce and NOS-PRO, you can see the new ducting with the frog skin over the openings in the original post picture. It does look like the new ducting is a shorter distance and allows for clean cold air to go straight into the air box. The airbox looks the same, I’m assuming they blocked off the old intake port. Ultimately it looks (from the picture) that it will be an improvement due to the fact the airbox won’t be pulling in air heated.
Hope that’s what they did!

I really like that gt but 137” only. Time to update mine. I will make one I want.

There are so many extremely low mileage vipers out there that I don’t see the need to spend $15000 on a new one. I am scheming up ways to make a ghetto ram air set up. Especially if the 2020’s are noticeably more powerful.

There are so many extremely low mileage vipers out there that I don’t see the need to spend $15000 on a new one. I am scheming up ways to make a ghetto ram air set up. Especially if the 2020’s are noticeably more powerful.
I will spend the$ on the plastics and controls. Maybe even spindle and arms if they are really better.

I will spend the$ on the plastics and controls. Maybe even spindle and arms if they are really better.

Totally agree. Especially if the new front end helps with handling.

I’m in the same boat. I’d be willing to buy the new parts to upgrade. But I don’t know if just the plastics will do it. It looks like the coolant bottle sits on top of the belt guard now.

Back