• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Viper ECM Flash

Big Pussy

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 XF7000 LXR
Has anyone had the 2020 or 2021 Viper flash installed in an older sled ? It is supposed to have more output and better hot and cold starting. Is this possible on a 15 7000 ? I don't think Cat would have this flash.

I have a 2014 Viper and had the 2020 flash. It drastically improved the cold and hot starts. I don't notice any power gains however.

Cat came out with the flash first so they should have it.

Cat came out with the flash first so they should have it.
My 2015 7000 and my sons 2017 7000 both have been flashed with the 2019 released flash to fix the rough idle and starter kick back problems. This was the third flash released if I recall correctly. I had the production 2015 flash that idled rough and sometimes backfired. Then I had the first fix which would lock out the fuel and spark if a kick back was detected. Then I got the current flash that takes 4 seconds of cranking to start. Sometimes it is hard starting hot.

What I am looking for is the 2020 and later flash that Yamaha worked on AFTER Cat dropped the 7000 model series. So this should be a Yamaha only flash that is supposed to be much better since Yamaha made it. This flash was never released through a service bulletin but was the new 2020 production flash.

Can you confirm if this is what you have and how you got it since it would not be a warranty fix. Cost ?

I got the 2020 re-flash for free from my local dearler. I believe all of the re-flashes are free as.

Has anyone in Canada had the 2020 flash done? My dealer is saying they're not aware if a flash newer then 2018. I'm in Nova Scotia.

Tx Ramsomair. I may contact the area manager for Yamaha service. Not sure why my dealer isn't aware of a 20 flash.

I don't think there is a 2020 flash. As far as I know, the most recent flash is the one that was announced in Dec 2018. Both the Cat and Yam bulletin numbers are in this thread. It's also a sticky at the top of this forum.

If there are any Viper flashes newer than this, they were probably not Service Bulletins as they were never announced or discussed here and this site is on top of it in these regards.

There most definitely is a 2020 flash. It takes care of many starting and running issues.

There most definitely is a 2020 flash. It takes care of many starting and running issues.
I would love to see a source on this. Something like a tech bulletin or even annual tech update page would be awesome if you have it.

I got an email from Yamaha in December of 2019 stating that they had a new 2020 ECU flah available for SR Viper 1049cc snowmobiles. I took my sled over to the local dealer that day and said I wanted the 2020 flash. They laughed and said their isn't one so I showed them the email. They checked their system and found it had just come out that day. They flashed it and it has been running better and starting better since. I did not notice any gain in power just better starting and driveability.

Back