• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 YZRR

2D282BFF-B59F-4AA2-A097-7218AEC98760.jpeg

I see these photos were viral all over social media yesterday. I am not so worked up if it's real or if they are coming with a 2 stroke. I am not a potential buyer that's for sure.

I am more interested in who did the wrap and if I could get that done to my Sidewinder!! :dunno:
If I had to guess it looks like Robb from Blown Concepts work to me. I need to contact him to see if he's gotten anywhere with my YXZ wrap. I'll ask him.

I just took another look and saw something I didn’t the first time but the bottle says liter if it was to be sold in the U. S. it would say quart on it

Hmmmm, YZm. Will it be a Yamaha 2 stroke or a Cat cTec
Like Chris Reid said in a post on here a couple years back that dont be suprised if yamaha helped engineer the cat 600 Engine!!!!I will believe anything chris says...do you think cat had the knowledge to Deliver direct injection out of the blue?that engine is bullet proof...and think of this,the yamaha transporter 600ctec sled just came to market..maybe that was part of the deal??

I just took another look and saw something I didn’t the first time but the bottle says liter if it was to be sold in the U. S. it would say quart on it
It also says for direct fuel injection. Why say that if they don't have such a engine?

Yamaha needs this 2 stroke sled. Last week I saw hundreds of sleds out in West Yellowstone. Guess how many Yamahas I saw? 2! That's it! If that's no indication where they stand in the market then I don't know what is. They basically don't exist out west. They are missing a whole chunk of the market. If the sidewinders are so good why didn't I see a single one in over a week? They need a 2 stroke to compete in the mountain market. End of story!

Like Chris Reid said in a post on here a couple years back that dont be suprised if yamaha helped engineer the cat 600 Engine!!!!I will believe anything chris says...do you think cat had the knowledge to Deliver direct injection out of the blue?that engine is bullet proof...and think of this,the yamaha transporter 600ctec sled just came to market..maybe that was part of the deal??
Does anyone know what Chris is up to these days? Does he still come on here?

It also says for direct fuel injection. Why say that if they don't have such a engine?
I wasn’t saying that they don’t have one I was referring to the unit of measurement on the bottle metric vs standard

I wasn’t saying that they don’t have one I was referring to the unit of measurement on the bottle metric vs standard
I wasn't disputing you, I just noted the intended use. Up here most everything is in litres and US measure. At least we know it's 2s oil.

I wasn't disputing you, I just noted the intended use. Up here most everything is in litres and US measure. At least we know it's 2s oil.
I didn’t think you were and I didn’t notice the direct injection was on it.

thats for waverunners!!!

The old Yamaha 2-strokes took Yamalube 2S and the 2-stroke waverunners took 2W. And only folks outside the US refer to 2-stroke as 2T

Although, my pair of GP1300R's are Fuel Injected. But the guess above that it's for the CTEC powered Yamahas outside the US is the best guess.

I haven’t had a chance to ride any of the new 600r or 850 e-tecs but from what I’ve experienced in outboard engines the 2-stroke Yamahas were far better than the e-tec Evenrudes in everything from idoling down for trolling use to fuel to performance and reliability I even had the dealer remove and order me a Yamaha 4 stroke over the Mercury it originally came with even everyone I know that owns boats have either switched or bought new and put Yamaha on their boats

I haven’t had a chance to ride any of the new 600r or 850 e-tecs but from what I’ve experienced in outboard engines the 2-stroke Yamahas were far better than the e-tec Evenrudes in everything from idoling down for trolling use to fuel to performance and reliability I even had the dealer remove and order me a Yamaha 4 stroke over the Mercury it originally came with even everyone I know that owns boats have either switched or bought new and put Yamaha on their boats

I think you meant Yamaha 4-strokes in your first line, and not 2-strokes. Yamaha distributes 2-stroke outboards only outside the US. And yes, the 4-strokes are quite popular in our region. My buddies have both Yamaha 4-strokes and Evinrude E-Techs. I don't think either complain too much as nobody is making junk anymore.

The biggest shake up in MN was through Lund's merger years back that lead them to equip all new lunds with Mercury. That pissed off some of the multi-decade Red boat faithful. But honestly, Mercury doesn't make junk either and Lund is doing quite well.

And let's be real honest here, the 600 Etec snowmobiles in our group are still the best on fuel by far over any other sleds we ride including the Yamaha 4-strokes. I can only imagine the Ace's are better yet.

Back