• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 YZRR

sry had probelms with modern merc motors as well as the old boat anchors. yamaha only for me.

I think you meant Yamaha 4-strokes in your first line, and not 2-strokes. Yamaha distributes 2-stroke outboards only outside the US. And yes, the 4-strokes are quite popular in our region. My buddies have both Yamaha 4-strokes and Evinrude E-Techs. I don't think either complain too much as nobody is making junk anymore.

The biggest shake up in MN was through Lund's merger years back that lead them to equip all new lunds with Mercury. That pissed off some of the multi-decade Red boat faithful. But honestly, Mercury doesn't make junk either and Lund is doing quite well.

And let's be real honest here, the 600 Etec snowmobiles in our group are still the best on fuel by far over any other sleds we ride including the Yamaha 4-strokes. I can only imagine the Ace's are better yet.
I think you missed the "were" in his post, referring to the HPDI Yamaha outboards from a few years back. Yamaha has the tech to make a competitive 2 stroke, for whatever reason they choose not to. Although they still sell old tech 2 strokes in 3rd world countries.
BTW - I got 22 mpg on my ride last week with my 900 ACE. It's the sled I wish Yamaha made...

If i was a mountain rider i'm sure i would be on a much lighter sled...im positive this is coming

I think you meant Yamaha 4-strokes in your first line, and not 2-strokes. Yamaha distributes 2-stroke outboards only outside the US. And yes, the 4-strokes are quite popular in our region. My buddies have both Yamaha 4-strokes and Evinrude E-Techs. I don't think either complain too much as nobody is making junk anymore.

The biggest shake up in MN was through Lund's merger years back that lead them to equip all new lunds with Mercury. That pissed off some of the multi-decade Red boat faithful. But honestly, Mercury doesn't make junk either and Lund is doing quite well.

And let's be real honest here, the 600 Etec snowmobiles in our group are still the best on fuel by far over any other sleds we ride including the Yamaha 4-strokes. I can only imagine the Ace's are better yet.
Yeah that lund merger was BS I own a Lund boat not the new models because all are built the same now

The 2 stroke Yamahas I was referring to were the ones that you could get back in 2008-2009 and I would be comparing the 50hp outboards for 4 strokes I’m comparing the 115hp Yamaha ( what I have) a 115 merc. Just for opinion use not comparing anything to this but Honda builds damn good outboard if you even find a used one they still bring big bucks

it's already been disclosed who built it, and the wrap has been used on other sleds (minus the genesis 2 stroke) but with all the same MFG logos near the footwell.

And let's be real, if it were an actual Yamaha leak, it would have been removed from here quicker than you would have seen it.

Look up Racewerx personal project sled on the google machine. Your answers lay within. And we have pointed out all the non-yamaha things about this sled that will never happen from Yamaha, and the potential things that could.

Last edited:
Even though it has a wrap on it and can tell it’s a Cat I still like the idea of it looks nice.

I always thought the pro cross sleds looked nice. Cat makes some very nice looking machines I have a 50th anniversary Mud Pro 700 and the green they used is probably the nicest color they have or used it’s almost as nice looking as the 99-00-01 Yamaha blue

Back