• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 YZRR

Not sure where all this 2 stroke hype is coming from but those off you that think that there is going to be something new released in the way of a 2 stroke are going to be a little up set. If you looking to buy a 2 smoker and waiting on Yamaha you better look else where. 2020 will be BNG with minor changes, can you blame them the way the weather has been and the price of these things are crazy for something you might not be able to use at all. I myself would love to by a new machine but I can not justify spending that kind of money and only be able to use it 3 or 4 times a year. With out a doubt Yamaha probably has stuff in the work's but you won't see it for awhile. Hey T bone if i did by a new machine it would be a 4 not a 2 stroke even if it was offered. I don't think Yamaha needs to sell 2 strokes to stay in business. Maybe we should have a pole on how many will trade there 4 for a 2 stroke.

well heres the catch about two strokes,the reason 2 strokes are still going is because they have figured out how to avoid costly EPA taxes...the cost to import 2 stroke engines is very high and so thats why polaris and artic cat starting building there motors here now...I would think yamaha would have to do the same to compete pricing!!!why they just dont make them and steal the market?

I would trade in my Nytro for a Yamaha 2-stroke (mainly because my sled is nearing 7000 miles haha), but also because we've had such poor seasons lately. I originally got a 4 stroke for the engine reliability, but when I'm only able to put on 500 miles in a season, a less-reliable 2 stroke is much more tempting. In addition, if Yamaha were to throw their own 2 stroke motor in a machine, I would assume it would be much more reliable than any other manufacturer's 2s.

Id trade mine in on a Yamaha 2 stroke.I dont think my next sled will be a 4 stroke mountain sled so its happening with or without Yamaha.

Not sure where all this 2 stroke hype is coming from but those off you that think that there is going to be something new released in the way of a 2 stroke are going to be a little up set. If you looking to buy a 2 smoker and waiting on Yamaha you better look else where. 2020 will be BNG with minor changes, can you blame them the way the weather has been and the price of these things are crazy for something you might not be able to use at all. I myself would love to by a new machine but I can not justify spending that kind of money and only be able to use it 3 or 4 times a year. With out a doubt Yamaha probably has stuff in the work's but you won't see it for awhile. Hey T bone if i did by a new machine it would be a 4 not a 2 stroke even if it was offered. I don't think Yamaha needs to sell 2 strokes to stay in business. Maybe we should have a pole on how many will trade there 4 for a 2 stroke.

Yamaha's market share and the fact they needed to partner with AC so they had an updated chassis to use says all I need to know where a 4-stroke only line-up takes them. Take all the poles you want but facts are facts. I like the 4-stroke too (owned 3 Apex's and a Phaser), but they can't continue to ignore the 2 stroke market unless they enjoy selling only 5,000 sleds a year. This is not about what you or 30% of the marketplace wants, but Yamaha's profitability so THEY can continue to develop sleds.

All you need to know is that Yamaha can't build a decent chassis or suspension i don't care if it is 2 or 4 stroke. I myself am thankful that there is a joint venture with cat. What would you be riding right now with out it. Oh wait i know the pride and true delta box platform. Maybe Yamaha is in the position were they only need to sell 5000 sleds and I don't think selling more sleds will have anything to do with R and D if they want to do something they will do it, i don't think they have a shortage of funds. The whole problem is people are not buying new sleds like the where 10 years ago myself included i use to buy new every 2 years. As of now my last purchase was 2014 and I have no plans on buying anything new because the winters have been to short. Everyone thinks this partnership with Cat is temporary i don't think so, Yamaha has all the technology in the world to do it, but they refuse to, why I don't know but even if they did I don't think they could put something together that would turn out better than the pro cross. Are you still riding your apex if so you are part of the problem of nobody up dating whether or not it is a new Yamaha or a different brand

All you need to know is that Yamaha can't build a decent chassis or suspension i don't care if it is 2 or 4 stroke. I myself am thankful that there is a joint venture with cat. What would you be riding right now with out it. Oh wait i know the pride and true delta box platform. Maybe Yamaha is in the position were they only need to sell 5000 sleds and I don't think selling more sleds will have anything to do with R and D if they want to do something they will do it, i don't think they have a shortage of funds. The whole problem is people are not buying new sleds like the where 10 years ago myself included i use to buy new every 2 years. As of now my last purchase was 2014 and I have no plans on buying anything new because the winters have been to short. Everyone thinks this partnership with Cat is temporary i don't think so, Yamaha has all the technology in the world to do it, but they refuse to, why I don't know but even if they did I don't think they could put something together that would turn out better than the pro cross. Are you still riding your apex if so you are part of the problem of nobody up dating whether or not it is a new Yamaha or a different brand

I bought three Apexes from 2006 to 2011. Sold the 2011 3 years ago. so I'm not sure I am the problem. The logic behind your argument is the problem. If you think that Yamaha doesn't want to sell more sleds than they currently do, well Im not here to change your mind. You're entitled to you're own opinion. Yamaha has stated publicly that one of the reasons for the lack of a new sled was that sales of current sleds has slowed significantly and that if sales did not increase it would not warrant additional investment in sled development. That put them in a strange place as current models (all 4-strokes) were not selling enough and nothing new in the pipeline due to lack of investment. What do they do? Luckily for them AC needs a 4-stroke engine and they enter agreement with AC to save them.

Ski-Doo and Polaris, sell 45,000 to 60,000 sleds each year. They don't seem to be suffering from this not updating issue you talk about. If manufactures have sleds that excite buyers, they will sell. If they don't excite buyers they will not sell. You may be right about Yamaha's inability to build something better than the Pro Cross, but I don't have the same opinion. I think they can if they don't let their pride get in the way. All their chassis of late have been for 4-stroke sleds trying to compete in a two-stroke world. They've had one hand tied behind their back dealing with the additional weight of the 4-strokes. I think ground up development of a modern two-stroke engine and chassis by Yamaha would have different results than previous attempts.

Hope you are able to get out and ride. Short winters and low snow suck.

I bought three Apexes from 2006 to 2011. Sold the 2011 3 years ago. so I'm not sure I am the problem. The logic behind your argument is the problem. If you think that Yamaha doesn't want to sell more sleds than they currently do, well Im not here to change your mind. You're entitled to you're own opinion. Yamaha has stated publicly that one of the reasons for the lack of a new sled was that sales of current sleds has slowed significantly and that if sales did not increase it would not warrant additional investment in sled development. That put them in a strange place as current models (all 4-strokes) were not selling enough and nothing new in the pipeline due to lack of investment. What do they do? Luckily for them AC needs a 4-stroke engine and they enter agreement with AC to save them.

Ski-Doo and Polaris, sell 45,000 to 60,000 sleds each year. They don't seem to be suffering from this not updating issue you talk about. If manufactures have sleds that excite buyers, they will sell. If they don't excite buyers they will not sell. You may be right about Yamaha's inability to build something better than the Pro Cross, but I don't have the same opinion. I think they can if they don't let their pride get in the way. All their chassis of late have been for 4-stroke sleds trying to compete in a two-stroke world. They've had one hand tied behind their back dealing with the additional weight of the 4-strokes. I think ground up development of a modern two-stroke engine and chassis by Yamaha would have different results than previous attempts.

Hope you are able to get out and ride. Short winters and low snow suck.
I totally agree, Yamaha has changed the sled world for the better with 4 stroke tech but like you said they were competing in a 2 stroke market when 4 strokes come about, and they are still competing, with new 2 stroke technology its getting harder for 4 strokes to compete the market share clearly shows that, so what is Yamaha to do? well if they are going to stay with the sled business and sell 4 strokes then to attract riders that are previously riding 2 strokes they will have to make a lightweight chassis and a lightweight 4 stroke motor that competes with the competition's 2 strokes to get them to cross over, … now Yamaha could also have a game changer in the works if they move back into putting 2 strokes in there high end sleds, a new cutting edge pure Yamaha chassis with a game changing new turbo 2 stroke offered in the chassis with full warranty, Yamaha will set the bar again.

If you like to listening to Sasquatch talk then its worth the read..LOL, I would rather put daggers in my ears.
Don't you mean gouge your eyes out? lol

Well here is the new Arctic Cat Riot, and the Possible new mono rail Yamaha.

The question isn't if this is real or fake. The question is would you buy a Yamaha 2-stroke if they came out with one. If they brought me one in an RTX version I would be all over it. Could you imagine Yamaha Redhead dependability in these rider forward sleds?? My .02 tells me you will see a 2- stroke, and more than likely a Phazer replacement. But rumors are floating around that the mountain guys were promised something..... So we shall see

Attachments

• riot.jpg
    riot.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 383
  • 2020-2.jpeg.jpg
    2020-2.jpeg.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 442
Hmmmm, YZm. Will it be a Yamaha 2 stroke or a Cat cTec

I see these photos were viral all over social media yesterday. I am not so worked up if it's real or if they are coming with a 2 stroke. I am not a potential buyer that's for sure.

I am more interested in who did the wrap and if I could get that done to my Sidewinder!! :dunno:

theres a picture on dootalk of of a new Yamaha 2 cycle oil I can’t get it to post for some reason either damn iPhone or just the person trying to use it

Back