• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Sidewinders

Mototown

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Apex 40 th
5A12D066-34D6-485E-8AE3-90E2779D94E4.jpeg
new single keel skies . lol
Grey and blue , srx is a little different I guess

Like the new Srx with blue and grey. Wish it came with 1.5 track and I would get my wallet out

Another year, another let down.

guess I’ll keep my ‘19 SRX !!

hope they at least addressed the long laundry list of problems. The chaincase issues at minimum!

Another year, another let down.

guess I’ll keep my ‘19 SRX !!

hope they at least addressed the long laundry list of problems. The chaincase issues at minimum!
I doubt they did anything to address the reliability issues pretty much every Procross has. Sad really.

New Single keel ski finally, and the tuner is finally dead and buried. That is the big news, since the 2stroke YAMs look to me to be ALL CAT. Even using TEAM clutches as the Cats do. Seems to me YAM is entirely out of the sled business and only a graphics and ski builder. Using a Cat 2s engine in a YAM sled is just sad.

Dan

I doubt they did anything to address the reliability issues pretty much every Procross has. Sad really.

New Single keel ski finally, and the tuner is finally dead and buried. That is the big news, since the 2stroke YAMs look to me to be ALL CAT. Even using TEAM clutches as the Cats do. Seems to me YAM is entirely out of the sled business and only a graphics and ski builder. Using a Cat 2s engine in a YAM sled is just sad.

Dan

Couldn’t agree more pal

Well I have 7,000 miles ( 11,265 km) on my 2017 LE. After fussing with the clutching and an insignificant throttle switch issue, I would would deem pretty reliable. 6,000 of those miles with a tune. Where I notice the big difference compared to my APEX, which I still have and love, is the virtually indestructible skid. My APEX would always need bushings or idlers or slides etc. I have simply repacked bearings since new on this winder including drive shaft and axle.....amazing.

Yamaha did do there own ECU mapping on the mountain max 2 stroke which I was suprised

This is all the reality of wanting to be a Yamaha sled owner/rider...they will be built in conjunction with AC. There are virtually no Japanese autos/trucks we buy in North America being built in Japan and sleds are obviously no different.
Its funny but when I bought my first Apex I kept my 2 stroke SRX as a backup sled but found I only wanted to ride my Apex and my 2002 SRX just collected dust, when I bought my 2019 Winder I also kept my Apex but it only collects dust.
I am happy Yamaha is still selling sleds regardless of where they are being built as I like being different and not being part of the faceless masses.
JM.02c

This is all the reality of wanting to be a Yamaha sled owner/rider...they will be built in conjunction with AC. There are virtually no Japanese autos/trucks we buy in North America being built in Japan and sleds are obviously no different.
Its funny but when I bought my first Apex I kept my 2 stroke SRX as a backup sled but found I only wanted to ride my Apex and my 2002 STX just collected dust, when I bought my 2019 Winder I also kept my Apex but it only collects dust.
I am happy Yamaha is still selling sleds regardless of where they are being built as I like being different and not being part of the faceless masses.
JM.02c
Oh come on Bob, I don't believe that for one second. It's not that you don't want to be part of the faceless masses, it's just that you love opening a can of whoop-#*$&@ on them......;)

Back