• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 anyone?bueller bueller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sneak peak on the 2022 sled. Looks like they are going into the "throw back" themed design.
139608288_2777602765840173_6512712688480343657_n.jpg

well if you saw the results from this years shootout in new york Artic Cat was WAY behind in dyno and race results!!if they want to be a competitor in the 800 class again they better reach out to yamaha because there 2 strokes just are not cutting it close to the competition!!!Either textron is letting the sled division collapse or there is a game changer in the works?IMO
I'm actually surprised HPDI never made it over from the Outboard division, but they seemed to have killed that off. HPDI on a 850 twin 2 smoke would be a pretty nice engine, or since the chassis would probably be shared with 4 stroke triples, a HPDI 900 triple.

well if you saw the results from this years shootout in new york Artic Cat was WAY behind in dyno and race results!!if they want to be a competitor in the 800 class again they better reach out to yamaha because there 2 strokes just are not cutting it close to the competition!!!Either textron is letting the sled division collapse or there is a game changer in the works?IMO
I have never put ANY stock into those "shootout" results.

I still think Yamaha should stick an 80 HP Phazer 500 4 stroke in the Venom as an option.

As far as 2022 goes likely BNG with a few small updates. At this point both Cat and Yamaha have such small market share in an industry that is shrinking they either stick together or both are out of the business.

I would agree with that. After owning a Phazer FX years back, and riding a Venture Lite for the very first time this weekend. That motor is amazing, and a crazy surprise for sure!

I would agree with that. After owning a Phazer FX years back, and riding a Venture Lite for the very first time this weekend. That motor is amazing, and a crazy surprise for sure!
I finally saw a Venom live and in person on a dealer showroom floor last week. I say without any hesitation whatsoever, if Yamaha would put the Phazer engine in a Venom, I will buy one. Unfortunately, I don't think Yamaha & Cat see things the way that I do.

I have two of them sitting next to my apex. They are great sleds. the one thing I noticed switching back and forth between them is the quietness compared to the apex.

My wish a new chassis preferably Yamaha... or cat but I'm not holding my breath.

This could be wrapped in Yamaha logo's, I would buy it. If it wasn't over $15K, holy crap. The Enduro 900T is as close to Yamaha Blue as they have come in a while. Other than a few summits in blue.

2000000018.jpg

Is it possible that this is the year that the interest of Yamaha sleds more or less dies? I've never seen so litle interest for the comming model year as I am seeing now. Last year we hade 15 pages in the 2021 thread, now we are on page 3.
Anyone have any good explanation?

NO SNOW! That's part of the explanation.. I have a place that averages 150" inches a year and were sitting at 35"... The lake effect machine is not firing on any cylinders this year in the UP. ITS NOT COLD ENOUGH............ Its very sad and depressing when you start to think about this sport in 20 years? Just seems to be getting shorter and shorter every year. How many people you know sold the sleds and bought a side by side in the last 10 years? Tons!! Just what I see..
Also the "shootout" results did not show to well for the Cat 8000 .. BUT this sled might surprise a few AFTER break in and some clutching. Another thing I want to add is Cat sleds have by far the best fit N finish I have ever seen to date(for Cats).. I have bought new in 12,15,(17 winder), 21.. And by far the 21 was very good.. Like surprised me even.. And some may not want to hear this but IMO the Team primary clutch is better then the Yamaha primary

Last edited:
I think with the lack of snow and covid 19 restrictions the Yamaha true blues are getting depressed, with the upcoming release of the 2022 Yamaha models approaching, they fear of nothing new other than just new stickers and painted blue Cats from Cats line up, which is getting pretty old now will push them over the edge, maybe buying a Can Am 1000 maverick SXS would help.

Much of southern Ontario is now excellent, we've been pummeled with lake effect snow off lake huron, and I've never seen so many machines out in all my lifetime. I took wednesday off and did a 200 mile day and I've never seen so many machines out on a wednesday.....ever!

Lost interest here....Sold my SW...Lack of snow and riding partners and covid has most watering holes shut down or at least the food end of it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back