• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022... disappointed!

What ever dude, talk your way out of it, in my opinion you called STAIN a Dick. Carry on I guess no one cares anyways. Disagreeing with someone is one thing but calling them names is getting pretty personal I would think. What do you think 20/80 no comment.

I did call him a dick, not denying or hiding it. He was being one. End of story. Go defend someone else.

I think your the one being a Dick I'm not defending anyone if he doesn't have a problem with it I sure as he!! Dont. I think your completely in the wrong for saying what you said but whatever Keep on trucking I'm out of here, later dude's

Believe me, without Yamaha I’m in trouble because it’s not just Cats I don’t like, it’s Ski-Doo and Polaris. I stick with what has been most reliable and last the longest because again I can’t afford the down time of trips to the shop nor afford new units every couple years. Fortunately for me it’s been from all under one roof. I don’t have different brand water toys, dirt toys, Power equipment etc. 8 snowmobiles, 8 outboards, boats, pwc’s, jet skis, dirt bikes etc. All of it Yamaha.
Correct me if I’m wrong though, in next years line up for cat. Isn’t it down to only one model being equipped with a Yamaha engine? I could be wrong.
Myself and a family member both bought new sleds in 2017. Mine being the Venture TF with EPS and his being the Arctic Cat Pantera Limited with the same engine as my Venture. Yet every season his has gone to the shop for problems. This past season a 7 week wait for a head gasket because his Pantera decided to sit idling and cook itself overheating. We are only about 1000kms in mileage difference. Me with just over 8,000 and him closing in on 10,000. Things like that don’t sway me to the other side anymore than I currently am.

Nothing wrong with supporting Yamaha who's taken care of you with all of your needs in your neck of the woods, especially dealer support which can be a huge factor.

Retro.jpg

There is however some pretty nice product available from other OEM's that just might suit your needs if you're open to change and have adequate dealer support.

Cheers!

PS....I'm not a Dick:)

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with supporting Yamaha who's taken care of you with all of your needs in your neck of the woods, especially dealer support which can be a huge factor.

View attachment 161381

There is however some pretty nice product available from other OEM's that just might suit your needs if you're open to change and have adequate dealer support.

Cheers!

PS....I'm not a Dick.

That’s just it though. I don’t need the dealer support and never have. I’ve never seen the inside of one of my Yamaha engines, I wouldn’t know what it’s like to need to change a piston or a crank etc. My need is a product I feel completely confident in on getting me home off of the frozen ice. No breakdowns and that’s my experience, since childhood. My mother and her husband had new Ski-Doo’s last year SWT and WT. Mid way through the winter, this one Friday all ready to go to their cabin and neither machine would start for electrical problems. The same happened to their friends, both with relatively new Ski-Doo expeditions only the opposite. Already at their cabin ready to come home and sleds wouldn’t start. I could go on and on with stories and I do realize that machines are more capable and better riding, faster than mine etc. But I need lasting reliability, that’s it, that’s me. I’ve never had to be so much as towed and been doing this all my life while those around me have trouble. Which is okay for those within cell phone range or on trails with passerby’s to help you out. And I’m not saying Yamaha’s are indestructible and never have issues. But if I’ve never been left stranded in 35+ years with 5 snowmobiles total used for my purposes (3 of which I still own and use today) it’s not an easy switch.

That’s just it though. I don’t need the dealer support and never have. I’ve never seen the inside of one of my Yamaha engines, I wouldn’t know what it’s like to need to change a piston or a crank etc. My need is a product I feel completely confident in on getting me home off of the frozen ice. No breakdowns and that’s my experience, since childhood. My mother and her husband had new Ski-Doo’s last year SWT and WT. Mid way through the winter, this one Friday all ready to go to their cabin and neither machine would start for electrical problems. The same happened to their friends, both with relatively new Ski-Doo expeditions only the opposite. Already at their cabin ready to come home and sleds wouldn’t start. I could go on and on with stories and I do realize that machines are more capable and better riding, faster than mine etc. But I need lasting reliability, that’s it, that’s me. I’ve never had to be so much as towed and been doing this all my life while those around me have trouble. Which is okay for those within cell phone range or on trails with passerby’s to help you out. And I’m not saying Yamaha’s are indestructible and never have issues. But if I’ve never been left stranded in 35+ years with 5 snowmobiles total used for my purposes (3 of which I still own and use today) it’s not an easy switch.
D393555C-BF71-4F31-9D44-501D8C373739.png

What ever dude, talk your way out of it, in my opinion you called STAIN a Dick. Carry on I guess no one cares anyways. Disagreeing with someone is one thing but calling them names is getting pretty personal I would think. What do you think 20/80 no comment.
What do I think? I'm pretty sure Stain can look after himself, as for Fro-1 he lives in a totally different world for snowmobiling, Labrador is no joke in the winter time and when Fro-1 is talking about going to a camp on a snowmobile believe me its remote, Fro-1 knows what works for him and what doesn't work when it comes to snowmobiles in Labrador, personally in Labrador if I was going to a camp had a choice between a 2010 Bravo trapper or a new 2022 Sidewinder long track it would be the Bravo hands down, snowmobiling is not all about the glory of power speed and handling in some scenario's it's about get to and from safely and alive, and not stuck in the middle of no where ending up wolf bait, not all have the the glory of groom trails, cell service, and somebody coming to help you within in a hour, would you bet your life on a Yamaha with Cat DNA? not me, I believe this is What Fro-1 is getting at.

I did call him a dick, not denying or hiding it. He was being one. End of story
Really? You must incredibly sensitive to think that someone who disagrees with you must be a dick.
What do expect? you bash the sleds that the majority of people here own and we should all just say nothing?
You love your sled, we get it. But don't expect to bash the sleds that others here like without some blowback.

For the record, this discussion has been going on for quite a while without anyone jumping ugly.
Yamaha and Cat are in bed together for the foreseeable future, get on it or get over it. Pissing and moaning wont bring the vmaxx 4 back.

Last edited:
Really? You must incredibly sensitive to think that some who disagrees must be a dick.
What do expect? you bash the sleds that the majority of people here own and we should all just say nothing?
You love your sled, we get it. But don't expect to bash the sleds that others here like without some blowback.

For the record, this discussion has been going on for quite a while without anyone jumping ugly.
Yamaha and Cat are in bed together for the foreseeable future, get on it or get over it. Pissing and moaning wont bring the vmaxx 4 back.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX2 well said

Believe me, without Yamaha I’m in trouble because it’s not just Cats I don’t like, it’s Ski-Doo and Polaris. I stick with what has been most reliable and last the longest because again I can’t afford the down time of trips to the shop nor afford new units every couple years. Fortunately for me it’s been from all under one roof. I don’t have different brand water toys, dirt toys, Power equipment etc. 8 snowmobiles, 8 outboards, boats, pwc’s, jet skis, dirt bikes etc. All of it Yamaha.
Correct me if I’m wrong though, in next years line up for cat. Isn’t it down to only one model being equipped with a Yamaha engine? I could be wrong.
Myself and a family member both bought new sleds in 2017. Mine being the Venture TF with EPS and his being the Arctic Cat Pantera Limited with the same engine as my Venture. Yet every season his has gone to the shop for problems. This past season a 7 week wait for a head gasket because his Pantera decided to sit idling and cook itself overheating. We are only about 1000kms in mileage difference. Me with just over 8,000 and him closing in on 10,000. Things like that don’t sway me to the other side anymore than I currently am.
I feel your pain so does Stain and many other members on TY. Sure we would all like to see a pure Yamaha sled but Yamaha doesn’t want to be in the chassis biz they specialize in engines and are evolving to their core business only. The bring back the Yamaha sled division has been debated endlessly on TY for years but it doesn’t happen and me personally have given up that it will happen. Imo the Yamaha agreement with Textron is here to stay and the pure Japanese sleds are old in the tooth and even hardcore Yamaha faithful have moved on to other brands or embraced the procross. Imo Stain wasn’t being a Dick he was just stating the obvious accept the procross or move on to something else. If you want a Yamaha engine it’s available in the procross or AC Thundercat that’s reality of what is manufactured in trail sleds. Yamaha has moved on from chassis engineering those resources are gone or reassigned and the cost to design and tool up for a sled division are cost prohibitive at this time. It’s over but thank goodness you can still purchase a Yamaha engine in a turnkey sled.

Really? You must incredibly sensitive to think that someone who disagrees with you must be a dick.

The Vmax4 doesn’t have to come back. My two 800’s run like a top and engines never been opened up. Not many other muscle sleds that old can say the same.
And I’ve criticized Yamaha on their sleds before this joint venture all happened, especially their options as of recent but that’s me digging at the fact they put no effort into the snowmobile market anymore. They aren’t perfect and I’m not about to conform to everyone else and say there are no flaws when there are.

They aren’t perfect and I’m not about to conform to everyone else and say there are no flaws when there are.
who is saying there are no flaws? That is what this site is all about riding, ,fixing, improving on your sled then sharing with others what you have found. Helping other who may need it.

Back