• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will there be a 2021 Venom next year?

M y theory, is if sno sport is renewed the blast would fit that. The venom is a 600cc class sled and with cat releasing 0 I’m saying it’s new genuine. I can see the blast and under being small segment needing the merger to be profitable. But they need a solid phazer and 600 class sled now. Then they can redo viper next year and sidewinder year later.

Watch Jarrett's VLOG, could it be Enticer? He said sneek peak at 2021 line up coming soon. :dunno:

Given the long history, "Enticer" would definitely be an appropriate name for the Yamaha version of the Blast, especially if they go with the Cat 2-stroke and just change the graphics. I still think that if they have renewed the "Venom" name, they are likely to use it in a lineup that uses names playing off the "serpent" theme. Venom actually would be a great name for a new Yamaha 4-stroke to replace the Phazer! Unfortunately, I think most of us now realize that as long as the Cat partnership exists, Yamaha is not going to design or build its own chassis.

Seen alot of yamaha snowmobile commercials lately..I will say I have never really seen any

Where have you seen Yamaha snowmobile commercials? I haven't seen any

Just this past weekend..I think fox aports

M y theory, is if sno sport is renewed the blast would fit that. The venom is a 600cc class sled and with cat releasing 0 I’m saying it’s new genuine. I can see the blast and under being small segment needing the merger to be profitable. But they need a solid phazer and 600 class sled now. Then they can redo viper next year and sidewinder year later.

I'm thinking the Venom would be the Viper replacement, they will probably crank out Vipers until they run out of 1049's and switch to the Venom name instead of building 998na "Vipers". I believe there is still that odd import tax on engines over 999cc.

I'm thinking something new is coming hopefully in a pure Yamaha chassis but we will not rule out the new stickers concept or rebadging the Cat procross, it is long over due for Yamaha to move forward and migrate back to their own designed chassis and stand on their own two feet again, hopefully it will be cutting edge but I am not getting my hope's to high, Yamaha has not put to much time and money in the pro cross other than shock upgrades and new stickers and different paint concepts, Cat has revamped the front end and with Yamaha 's help improve the fit and finish so it would be a easy transition to a new chassis and models for Yamaha but the transition will be slow to break away from the pro cross and a new chassis better be good to pull winder owners away from the Cat chassis, now will we see just one all new model from Yamaha or more than one design? who knows Yamaha is very tight lipped, these new sneak peak vids that Jaret has mentioned that are to be released soon will tell the tail on Yamaha's direction, cross your fingers!!!

"Viper", "Sidewinder", and "Venom", definitely follows the common theme that Yamaha has established for its current snowmobile line. Realistically, the only real new sled available on the horizon for Yamaha to utilize is the AC Blast. Unfortunately, I suspect it will just be a rebadged Blast with the Cat 2-stroke motor rather than a Yamaha 4-stroke, but hey, if it is blue, I still want one!

That is what I heard, we'll see.

Last edited:

Back