• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022... disappointed!

Would rather see them stop with snowmobiles all together, that I could eventually get over sooner than accepting the idea of riding a Cat.
I'm glad you are in the vast minority with that opinion. It sounds like a you problem, not a Yamaha problem. They are doing what they think they need to do to stay in the snowmobile industry and be profitable.
Like and old man told me once in a bar when someone there was bitching about his neighbor. "there is only one person that needs to get over it"
I’d like to see the same thing that happened with Yamaha Snow blowers happen with their sleds.
What is that, be only available in Canada?

I'm glad you are in the vast minority with that opinion. It sounds like a you problem, not a Yamaha problem. They are doing what they think they need to do to stay in the snowmobile industry and be profitable.
Like and old man told me once in a bar when someone there was bitching about his neighbor. "there is only one person that needs to get over it"

First time I’ve experienced someone being a dick on this site ever. No, I’m not the only one who hasn’t and doesn’t want to switch to Yamacats.

And, my snowblower comment was referring to the fact that they were unavailable for a number of years but then returned. As for them not being available in the states that’s news to me. But I do know that the Yamaha Waverunner Super Jet’s aren’t available in Canada so I went to the U.S. to buy mine.

Would rather see them stop with snowmobiles all together, that I could eventually get over sooner than accepting the idea of riding a Cat. I would just buy a couple late model sleds that they still make and shelve them until my current wears out. I don’t know what’s keeping them in the industry. It was rumoured years ago, long before this contract agreement that they were going to get out of the snowmobile market.
I’d like to see the same thing that happened with Yamaha Snowblowers happen with their sleds.
Business is business and both Textron and Yamaha are making money with their current agreement so seems pretty well locked in by now. I held out thinking Yamaha would go it alone again after 5 years but that didn’t happen and now it’s out of reach not going to happen Yamaha is an engine supplier for the snow biz and that’s as far as their interest goes. You still have skidoo and Polaris to choose from since you dislike AC. No one else is considering snowmobiles so be happy we have 31/2 still in the snow business. I know many are disappointed to lose a turnkey Yamaha sled but that ship sailed so blue cats with Yamaha engines is the present and future.

I agree but when have they ever done that? They have NEVER been a leader in suspension design for snowmobiles. They could, but they dont and never have.
I am not going to sit around on old iron and wait for that day.

This is the attitude!!!!! You dont know until you try.
One could argue that they had some nice chassis and suspensions going for them in the 80's and then also when they they came out with the 97 line-up.
It's been erroneously stated multiple times in the media that Yamaha's 4-stroke era that started in 03 took eventually them down a road to lower sales.
In reality it was actually the suspension and chassis designs that were far-behind.

Since the 80’s my family and I have been buying Yamaha’s for the engine. We need them for transportation and not just Sunday drives on groomed trails nor for reaching the mountain peeks. I’ll be the first to admit that other sleds are more capable. In fact, my father for example has owned VK’s since the late 90’s and is on his 2nd VK pro as he thought it best to trade the first one in at 44,000 just in case. Now he breaks trails and hauls logs with it, it can tow the devil but $&@“ does it get stuck in deep snow easy. Ski-Doo’s SWT can effortlessly go in reverse through willow beds where the VK can’t go in forward but is he about to change his brand? No. Because, like myself, I need the bullet proof reliability that I’ve only experienced in owning Yamaha and not just snowmobiles. I have Yamaha boats, personnel watercrafts, outboards, Motorcycles, dirt bikes, 4 wheelers. Also, I can’t afford to go out and get a new sled every 3 or 4 seasons like I know BRP, Cat and Polaris owners need to once that nervousness comes along for the ride once warranty is gone. I have 95’ Vmax4’s that I put higher trust in than any new sled of the other big 3 on the snow. I realize Yamaha doesn’t need the snowmobile market. Hell I bet they could scratch off atv’s too and Outboards would keep them well afloat by the way they dominate that market. But if they are going, then go. If they’ve lost that much interest to let what was once such a fine fit and finished machine become what feels like a cheap China brand from Arctic Cat then leave well enough alone. I know my dated Yamaha chassis doesn’t ride like a Winder or Viper. But I know like the rest of my 22 Yamaha’s. It won’t see the inside of my local dealers mechanics shop because it’s Japanese from front bumper to tow hitch. I for one am holding out to see if they do indeed make sleds again in their entirety and I can hold out for about 100,000 on the odometer I’m willing to bet.
You are right in the joint venture saving Yamaha (if they wanted to be saved) snowmobiles. I am down to the last person I know (besides my family) who is still riding Yamaha’s. My most die hearted Yamaha fan friends have all traded in the tuning fork for BRP’s. Even the ones who swore they would never. But having the same options since 2003 gets old fast and some of us have spent way to many years bashing brands like Artic Cat to sit on one today. Powered by a Yami or not.
As great as they ride, your winder etc. Just imagine if Yamaha was in the mood to compete and develop a new chassis from ground up? You know it would be better.
Why do you hate Cat so much?

First time I’ve experienced someone being a dick on this site ever.
Are you talking about me? That was FAR from being a dick. Do think because someone disagrees with you they are a dick?
Seems you a very thin skinned, kind of explains your attitude towards the current Yamaha snowmobiles.
I did not know the snow blowers went away. I only know we cant get them.
How would the Yamaha sled division going away and then coming back solve anything?

It's been erroneously stated multiple times in the media that Yamaha's 4-stroke era that started in 03 took eventually them down a road to lower sales.
In reality it was actually the suspension and chassis designs that were far-behind.
Truth.
I have been saying the same for quite some time. I bought Yamaha starting in 2005 because I loved the motors. Spent big $$$$$ on suspension upgrades.

First time I’ve experienced someone being a dick on this site ever. No, I’m not the only one who hasn’t and doesn’t want to switch to Yamacats.

And, my snowblower comment was referring to the fact that they were unavailable for a number of years but then returned. As for them not being available in the states that’s news to me. But I do know that the Yamaha Waverunner Super Jet’s aren’t available in Canada so I went to the U.S. to buy mine.
You want to see someone be a Dick keep running your key board. I haven't been on here since I got yelled at I can see not much has changed.

Business is business and both Textron and Yamaha are making money with their current agreement so seems pretty well locked in by now. I held out thinking Yamaha would go it alone again after 5 years but that didn’t happen and now it’s out of reach not going to happen Yamaha is an engine supplier for the snow biz and that’s as far as their interest goes. You still have skidoo and Polaris to choose from since you dislike AC. No one else is considering snowmobiles so be happy we have 31/2 still in the snow business. I know many are disappointed to lose a turnkey Yamaha sled but that ship sailed so blue cats with Yamaha engines is the present and future.

Believe me, without Yamaha I’m in trouble because it’s not just Cats I don’t like, it’s Ski-Doo and Polaris. I stick with what has been most reliable and last the longest because again I can’t afford the down time of trips to the shop nor afford new units every couple years. Fortunately for me it’s been from all under one roof. I don’t have different brand water toys, dirt toys, Power equipment etc. 8 snowmobiles, 8 outboards, boats, pwc’s, jet skis, dirt bikes etc. All of it Yamaha.
Correct me if I’m wrong though, in next years line up for cat. Isn’t it down to only one model being equipped with a Yamaha engine? I could be wrong.
Myself and a family member both bought new sleds in 2017. Mine being the Venture TF with EPS and his being the Arctic Cat Pantera Limited with the same engine as my Venture. Yet every season his has gone to the shop for problems. This past season a 7 week wait for a head gasket because his Pantera decided to sit idling and cook itself overheating. We are only about 1000kms in mileage difference. Me with just over 8,000 and him closing in on 10,000. Things like that don’t sway me to the other side anymore than I currently am.

You want to see someone be a Dick keep running your key board. I haven't been on here since I got yelled at I can see not much has changed.

And what’s your problem? Just trolling for arguments or?... Pop into a conversation out of knowwhere like that and I can see why you got yelled at.

I got no problem other than you calling someone a Dick.

Fro-1, would love to go to Labrador snowmobiling, great people, its on my bucket list, I am not a fan of the blue painted Cats either, appreciate your honesty in your posts, your a true blue.

I got no problem other than you calling someone a Dick.

Well what he said was a dick comment. And I’ve had 100’s of conversations on this site over the years and both welcomed constructive criticism as given it. It’s never ever turned personal no matter how much disagreement there has been bud.

Fro-1, would love to go to Labrador snowmobiling, great people, its on my bucket list, I am not a fan of the blue painted Cats either, appreciate your honesty in your posts, your a true blue.

Thanks for speaking up and showing others that I’m not the only one. There are many of us who feel this way. In fact I have true blue friends in my circle who have gone to Vipers and Sidewinders and even they talk in disgust of the cheap, thrown together feel of the Yamaha’s made by Arctic Cat. The switches, buttons, plastics all of it when you are so use to damn near “over engineered” Yamaha sleds. I’ve known even as a kid that Arctic Cat always seemed to have the smoothest riding snowmobiles from the early 80’s on up. But engines, you wouldn’t go far without towing spare engine parts with you. They were like what Mercury was to the outboard back then lol.
By all means look me up if you ever get up here riding but please give me a heads up before you leave? I have an 89’ Yamaha Sno Scoot in the maritimes I need brought up to me

What ever dude, talk your way out of it, in my opinion you called STAIN a Dick. Carry on I guess no one cares anyways. Disagreeing with someone is one thing but calling them names is getting pretty personal I would think. What do you think 20/80 no comment.

Back