• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022... disappointed!

Are the dealers in Ontario giving any price breaks on the 2022 Sidewinder orders?
For the XTX LE 20,500
No freight first service free spare belt and that FXR gear bag but that’s Yamaha give away is all got so far

Can't see the tie breaking. Yamaha is selling a lot of sleds for Cat, and in return Yamaha has the best handling machine they've ever had.
I'm afraid the days of the triple two strokes will only live on in history books. Can't see anyone ever returning to them.

I sadly agree with you....it was only a pipe dream. Yamaha is and always will be a motor company, I see no reason why they can't get back into the 2 stroke world, (doesn't have to be a triple)
I love my 1049 but riding my wife's 6000 light weight 2 stroke is a bunch of fun. Let's all remember that Yami had the best 2 strokes in the business for a lot of years....even before the triple

If I was a moderator on this site I would erase all these negative post about the 22’s and give it a rest.
I’m not a internet snowmobiler, I ride like most people who like to ride do, I’ve been in northern Ontario since Wednesday, 1340 km of easy riding with some friends, we came up here to have a good time and leave the city bs behind..
2021 Polaris VR1 jack shaft bearing AGAIN started making grinding noise, Another 2021 VR1 hits 90mph for a quick second than sputters down to 70 ish mph and stays there 2021 900t limp mode and blowing belts another 900t gauge went blank.
Whats to be disappointed about???

If I was a moderator on this site I would erase all these negative post about the 22’s and give it a rest.
I’m not a internet snowmobiler, I ride like most people who like to ride do, I’ve been in northern Ontario since Wednesday, 1340 km of easy riding with some friends, we came up here to have a good time and leave the city bs behind..
2021 Polaris VR1 jack shaft bearing AGAIN started making grinding noise, Another 2021 VR1 hits 90mph for a quick second than sputters down to 70 ish mph and stays there 2021 900t limp mode and blowing belts another 900t gauge went blank.
Whats to be disappointed about???
Over moderation is not a good thing.
When or if this thread gets ugly it will be terminated. This is up to you members. Keep it respectful and within Forum guidelines it will live.

The Pro Cross was around long before the Winder engine, when Yamaha became part of the equation with Cat they basically shoe horned the Winder engine and Viper engine in the Pro Cross chassis, it just can't handle the torque from Yamaha engines, if Cat /Yamaha actually would make a chassis to house the Winder/ Viper engine properly with alot of Yamaha input I think a lot of the issues would be addressed and you would have the 20 grand plus sled you are paying for which should be trouble free and handle and perform like nothing on the planet, this is when I would become interested, as for now your basically getting a shiny Rat rod and paying big bucks for it, no matter the color scheme, shock package, Skis upgrade, power steering are all gimmicks to get you to pay a premium price for a jury rigged rat rod sled, Yamaha I believe knows what has to be done here but have been sucked in by Cat/Textron's practices and have little to no say anymore, they are driven by bean counters now which have sucked the pride out of Yamaha sled products line that we are all known to have and had, Jaret made the comment in a teaser Vid that Apex and Vector die hard would be attracted to this new line up? why would we? Really nothing has changed but the price of them.
YES! I couldnt have said it better my self.,spot on.

power steering is a new unit from the states

https://yamaha.scdn5.secure.raxcdn.com/library/img.jpg?id=604277fe2a0ab62478795179&w=1920

https://www.alliedmotion.com/vehicle-steering-traction/electric-steering/pow-r-steer-epas-actuator/

Just ordered a STX for the wife. We will see how it does, but I'm sure it will be fine.

I guess I'm not too disappointed.
Those are not the same units. The aftermarket one shown in 2nd link has cooling fins around the input shaft, not the same as one in 1st link. There has been an aftermarket EPS around for a few years, Mr Sled even installed one for another member, may have been a Yamaha unit, or this one in the 2nd link, or another aftermarket one not sure.
We will not likely get a straight answer from either AC or Yamaha who is responsible for the EPS unit used, may or may not be the same as the Apex/Vector/Venture unit without seeing them out and on a bench.

Buy one and find out for yourself if it's such a big deal. Properly set up Winder or Viper doesn't need power steering anyways. If anyone has waited for Yamaha to put power steering on the Pro Cross before they would buy one doesn't have any idea what they have been missing in the last several years. Of course this is all my opinion and don't mean to offend anyone especially the Ski Doo trolls that hang out on Totally Yamaha.

I’m still hoping I will will be able to install the power steering on a 20. Hoping for a kit or just being able to buy the parts. Thought about selling mine and ordering a new one but the difference so much more that it makes me think I could add it and be happy.

Those are not the same units. The aftermarket one shown in 2nd link has cooling fins around the input shaft, not the same as one in 1st link. There has been an aftermarket EPS around for a few years, Mr Sled even installed one for another member, may have been a Yamaha unit, or this one in the 2nd link, or another aftermarket one not sure.
We will not likely get a straight answer from either AC or Yamaha who is responsible for the EPS unit used, may or may not be the same as the Apex/Vector/Venture unit without seeing them out and on a bench.

Doesn't look like the same unit but its worth noting that Allied Motion is the manufacturer for the Arctic Cat ATV/UTV EPS and Pow-R Steer which is clearly visible in the first picture, is a trademark of Allied Motion.

I’m still hoping I will will be able to install the power steering on a 20. Hoping for a kit or just being able to buy the parts. Thought about selling mine and ordering a new one but the difference so much more that it makes me think I could add it and be happy.
I have added power steering on my 2 up Sidewinder..it's not cheap but makes a difference in fatigue at the end of the day...like no fatigue. GSE Performance sells a kit, not cheap but if you have medical issues then its really worth it. I've come across guys who have the Barn of Parts mechanical power steering and they said they like it too. Joe

Buy one and find out for yourself if it's such a big deal. Properly set up Winder or Viper doesn't need power steering anyways. If anyone has waited for Yamaha to put power steering on the Pro Cross before they would buy one doesn't have any idea what they have been missing in the last several years. Of course this is all my opinion and don't mean to offend anyone especially the Ski Doo trolls that hang out on Totally Yamaha.

You are right that the Sidewinder and Viper don't "need" power steering. Each rider decides what a sled needs, and what it doesn't need. My wife has a bad shoulder, and she physically cannot ride a sled or a 4-wheeler without power steering. I have a Sidewinder LTX and a Viper XTX, and as much as I love them, the addition of power steering would be a big improvement on either of them. Yamaha tells us that less steering effort at low speeds, and less shock through the bars, reduce fatigue. I have ridden enough power steering 4-wheelers and sleds to know that I agree. My wife and I were not disappointed in the Yamaha 2022 lineup; we were overjoyed, and we have already ordered a 2022 Sidewinder LTX GT EPS to replace her 2013 EPS Vector.

You are right that the Sidewinder and Viper don't "need" power steering. Each rider decides what a sled needs, and what it doesn't need. My wife has a bad shoulder, and she physically cannot ride a sled or a 4-wheeler without power steering. I have a Sidewinder LTX and a Viper XTX, and as much as I love them, the addition of power steering would be a big improvement on either of them. Yamaha tells us that less steering effort at low speeds, and less shock through the bars, reduce fatigue. I have ridden enough power steering 4-wheelers and sleds to know that I agree. My wife and I were not disappointed in the Yamaha 2022 lineup; we were overjoyed, and we have already ordered a 2022 Sidewinder LTX GT EPS to replace her 2013 EPS Vector.
Yeah... some riders are so self centered that they don't consider that some owners will really benefit from power steering, I'm Glad I have it on my Apex you sure notice it helps at the end of a long ride, glad you wife has that option now and can upgrade to the Winder, ps.. get the extra warranty!

Back