• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Preorder build dates/delivery dates

Yah as I get older the windshield get bigger I don’t like looking through one. I have a similar one on my ltx it give a bit of body and good hand protection

I had this shield on my 2017. It was VERY warm but had no place to mount mirrors.
sidewinder.JPG

They should accept mirrors

This is on my wife’s sled I think they are Yamaha mirrors
I went to that style of shield 2 years ago so I could mount mirrors. Bought the Cat set up. The other one wouldn't take mirrors.

I agree 100%. Even the mid height is short for where I take my trips but at least it would be useful around home, this thing is USELESS. I could see it on a mountain sled that rolls over a lot but on an LTX-LE?? Yamaha needs to rethink picking out Windshields they suck at it.
its probably the only windshield they had at the factory so they threw it on.

Me too, I went to the medium shield with the ability to mount the mirrors to it. My sled came with the large shield, switched it out for better rear view vision. Joe

I had this shield on my 2017. It was VERY warm but had no place to mount mirrors.View attachment 165260
Did you change out the side panels or paint them to get rid of the grey

I did the same colour change that sticker package is awesome when the grey is gone

Attachments

• ACAEE55D-76A3-4CAC-B079-4A9027FD1F39.jpeg
    ACAEE55D-76A3-4CAC-B079-4A9027FD1F39.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 77
Dealer told me today

LTX GT EPS second half of February

I was hoping that something had changed for the better
Also
His personal Tcat not built yet
His dads Viper late February

Did you change out the side panels or paint them to get rid of the grey

I did the same colour change that sticker package is awesome when the grey is gone
I taped off the stickers and Plasti-coated the gray. I was worried at first, but it worked out well. Very easy to touch up.
i agree they so much better with the gray gone.

Still silence from Yamaha. You would think some kinda communication would be warranted at this point.

Still getting emails from Yamaha trying to sell me more accessories to lol.

Frustrating part is if they told me "it's coming in March" I'd go buy a sled to ride till it shows up...

It will be interesting to see how the big 4 handle this for the 2023 snow check. Higher prices? Limited order quantities? Shorter window to Snow Check? There are folks waiting for spring order sleds from all 4 brands.

Hell, a guy I know is a brand ambassador for Polaris and he still doesn't have his XCR.

Still silence from Yamaha. You would think some kinda communication would be warranted at this point.

Frustrating part is if they told me "it's coming in March" I'd go buy a sled to ride till it shows up...
what day did you order yours ?

I just went and visited my dealer. My sled is scheduled for the next shipment they get from Yamaha--the end of the month. He said they have some scheduled for February also.
My dealer also sells Polaris and Ski-doo. He said they have had 9 cancellations from customers on pre orders in the last 2 days on Polaris and skidoo. They don't worry because they sell those sleds almost instantly at a greater profit.
Salesman told me if I refused mine, they could sell it for more than I am paying. I asked what he would do, he says I should defiantly take the sled I ordered if I want a new sled in the foreseeable future.
He also says that their factory reps tell them it will be worse next year. They may get no floor models and only be able to get 3/4's of their pre- sales. Prices will also go up. Polaris and others have already been adding a "surcharge" to most of their orders.
We are not alone with these delivery problems. At least when Yamaha and Cat deliver their sleds, they are complete. There where sleds and UTV's there without pieces on them, some for months.
They (Polaris, Skidoo) tell the customer the sleds have shipped, and they show up without skis, spindles, gauges, non-working features and the dealer takes the brunt of the anger from the customer. They are throwing their dealers under the bus.
I will take my pre-order when it comes in, whenever it is. What I do with it is another decision.

if the same thing is happening at Yamaha headquarters as it is here, then the silence from them is probably because nobody is in the office...covid related...everyone is sick from this unleashed poison, record numbers.
It must be extremely frustrating, hang in there Shawn, hopefully something comes in soon. You might want to ask Jarret to look into it for you, if he's not sick too.

Back