• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Preorder build dates/delivery dates

I just went and visited my dealer. My sled is scheduled for the next shipment they get from Yamaha--the end of the month. He said they have some scheduled for February also.
My dealer also sells Polaris and Ski-doo. He said they have had 9 cancellations from customers on pre orders in the last 2 days on Polaris and skidoo. They don't worry because they sell those sleds almost instantly at a greater profit.
Salesman told me if I refused mine, they could sell it for more than I am paying. I asked what he would do, he says I should defiantly take the sled I ordered if I want a new sled in the foreseeable future.
He also says that their factory reps tell them it will be worse next year. They may get no floor models and only be able to get 3/4's of their pre- sales. Prices will also go up. Polaris and others have already been adding a "surcharge" to most of their orders.
We are not alone with these delivery problems. At least when Yamaha and Cat deliver their sleds, they are complete. There where sleds and UTV's there without pieces on them, some for months.
They (Polaris, Skidoo) tell the customer the sleds have shipped, and they show up without skis, spindles, gauges, non-working features and the dealer takes the brunt of the anger from the customer. They are throwing their dealers under the bus.
I will take my pre-order when it comes in, whenever it is. What I do with it is another decision.
I hear it's gonna be worse than that. I was just at a large volume Polaris dealer. They told me that they will only have about 50% of normal sleds made next year. He told me there may be no pre-orders, only floor models to sell. Dealers will only be allotted a certain number of sleds based on previous sales. Prices will be at a premium.

Frustrating part is if they told me "it's coming in March" I'd go buy a sled to ride till it shows up...
I would. I did. You can always sell it when yours comes in. Or keep it for a spare if you like it. If you take care of it, you can get most of your money back.

I would. I did. You can always sell it when yours comes in. Or keep it for a spare if you like it. If you take care of it, you can get most of your money back.
If I would have known I'd be waiting this long I would have in December. With my luck I buy something and it shows up 2 days later lol. Dealer told me they haven't even been getting notification when sleds ship.

I still have my old sled which will be my wife's, makes it hard to go to camp with both of us and the dogs tho!

if the same thing is happening at Yamaha headquarters as it is here, then the silence from them is probably because nobody is in the office...covid related...everyone is sick from this unleashed poison, record numbers.
It must be extremely frustrating, hang in there Shawn, hopefully something comes in soon. You might want to ask Jarret to look into it for you, if he's not sick too.

I haven't figured out how to double quote on my phone yet so...

Yeah this covid situation is insane, the trucker vaccination stuff is going to make a disaster for those of us in Canada. Probably going to cause even more delays with our sleds if they aren't already into Canada. Not looking forward to this!

Knowing what I know now, I would have ordered a sled. 2022 may be a tipping point for price. It'll be worth the wait if these things are 2-3 thousand more next season with just as long of a wait.

Even some sleds delivered to customers aren't necessarily "complete" either. I'm sure this isn't being widely comminicated, but Ski-Doos that use the programmed dongles are being released without being prgorammed because they are missing the required parts. Apparently you can literally start them with a magnet :).

l
Even some sleds delivered to customers aren't necessarily "complete" either. I'm sure this isn't being widely comminicated, but Ski-Doos that use the programmed dongles are being released without being prgorammed because they are missing the required parts. Apparently you can literally start them with a magnet :).
lol, then I guess anyone who wants a new sled can get one...with a magnet lol..good one Derek. I think Stain is right with his earlier comments, this supply chain problem probably is not going to get better anytime soon, inflation is going to be a problem for pricing too...it's time to bring manufacturing back to North America.

I heard one “expert” compared this covid economic disruption as a nine inning baseball game and we are currently in the bottom of the third inning. If he’s right it’s gunna be long tour to fix the world

Even some sleds delivered to customers aren't necessarily "complete" either
Ski-Doo salesman told me a lot of the Smart ShoX on the Mach z don't even work. The ECU's have them locked at one setting?

Ski-Doo salesman told me a lot of the Smart ShoX on the Mach z don't even work. The ECU's have them locked at one setting?
Wow, that's crazy. Wonder if they didn't get some edge cases/kinks worked out in time.

Just came back from u.p. Stopped at Indian river dealer. they have an stx dx on the floor if anyone is interested.

A lot to be shipped out picture taken today

Attachments

• thief.jpg
    thief.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 94

Back