• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Polaris VR1 and Assault Boost

A couple of the guys in the video made mention of the boost feeling heavier with the comment that it felt better on the trail because of the weight

I agree front weight would help too because a Polaris is a wheelie machine. I’m not too into that. I pulled my limiters down 1.5 inch to get rid of a lot of that and with the suspension adjustments and some good old 9 inch shapers on the front it would corner like my cats did.
They need some adjustment from the factory for sure.
The way the rear coupler blocks are on their skid is weird. They barely work

A couple of the guys in the video made mention of the boost feeling heavier with the comment that it felt better on the trail because of the weight

A bit off topic but its funny that with all the bashing Yamaha takes for weight, the new S4 without the turbo/intercooler/etc. weighs about the same as a sidewinder at least according to their published weight for the indy xc adventure and the snowtrax comments in their own walk-around video. Is more weight the new cool? ;)

The rumor is it could be 180 hp turboed
I don’t know really anything about it and if it could take hp?
It’s going to be hard to contend with the 998 we all know with the tunes available.
Since I have stage 4 precision stuff in a box in the garage for my sled in parts
Looks like maybe stage 5 might be fun

A bit off topic but its funny that with all the bashing Yamaha takes for weight, the new S4 without the turbo/intercooler/etc. weighs about the same as a sidewinder at least according to their published weight for the indy xc adventure and the snowtrax comments in their own walk-around video. Is more weight the new cool? ;)
Wait what? Your saying slightly more weight is okay? Hell the fun factor is out the window on Polaris sleds now too!

Another overview of the Boost, this time with wide open throttle on the lake. 16 seconds to get from 15MPH to 122MPH top dream-meter speed. Action starts at 2:39 or so.

Lots of throttle lag even with a rolling start. Don’t see any to earth shattering there . Sidewinder race it will be over after 60 ft . Lol if you notice they mentioned ski lift again in video = slow . Manufacturers only add ski lift to make you think it’s fast

Yeah looks like a fun sled, I’d love to try one!
Have always loved the quick revving and lightness of my past 2 strokes, but sure as the trails are long and fast, I would destroy the motor way too early! But yeah, nice sled and it should go like hell!

I agree
But stock sucks!!! Lol
It’s safe to say it’s not a 100 mph mach
Everyone should hope it is the fastest sled out of the box. It would make cat/yami step it up some more

Last edited:
Its a different Beast then the 998s and caters to a different rider. I think the Turbo 850 is awesome and if I was 50 years younger I would have not considered anything else. It reminds me alot of my 1972 H2 750 Kawasaki...very cool.
Kudos to Polaris for pushing the envelope!

Back