• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2024 Prototypes and Spy Photos

How about a viper with the old 700 srx triple in it?
That would be fun!

Just got off the phone with a dealer that I bought both of my Winders from.
Hadn't chatted since last fall.
I asked if he knew anything about Yamaha's and Cat's plans going forward.
He told me that the last time he talked to the head of the snowmobile division he asked him about the rumors of Yamaha exiting the sled business.
The reply was certainly not anytime soon as we just completed our three year model plans.
So basically three more years of Procross 4 strokes and/or rebadged 2 stroke Cats and then…

I suspect Yamaha will grind away at the procross till Cat stops making them, that could be another ten years, as long as buyer's keep buying them up, a Winder will be 50 grand in ten years.

I really like the 998T engine. I hope it finds its way into a version of the Catalyst.

I am however, ready to move on from the Procross chassis. I would like to purchase a new sled for next season, and I’m having a hard time going with another Sidewinder or Cat 9000. Mine has been a good sled, but after 5 seasons, I just want to try something different. I wish there was a new Sidewinder with improved ergonomics, reduced weight, and tweaked suspension. We may be a few years away from that, if it all.

The 998 fits in the catalyst!!! Just saw the 600,you can tell because there is a ton of room under the panels and there are a number of future mounting points visible that shows it has been designed for something else under the hood...when you see it in person you will understand!!!

The 998 fits in the catalyst!!! Just saw the 600,you can tell because there is a ton of room under the panels and there are a number of future mounting points visible that shows it has been designed for something else under the hood...when you see it in person you will understand!!!
Most of the sled rags are hinting that catalyst will be AC only the first year. And that's fair if they designed it. But 25 may be the year for a four stroke. We will know soon.

It would be interesting to stare at a catalyst for a while and take some measurements, I believe you when you say there is a lot of room but chaincase, oil tank, header/manifold, intake, intercooler, etc.. all add up fast to consume that space.. here's hoping it squeezes in there and that they have at least tried to prototype it.

Some of our first leaks of the season, and on the day of release. wow, super tight lipped this year.

2024 BNG, here you go.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1503539000173174

How about a viper with the old 700 srx triple in it?
That would be fun!
700 triples are still a hot commodity. 485s, huge following. Bravos sell for big dollars. Heck even 540s and 340s are hot items. They are all so simple and elegant. Somehow I don’t think that 30-40 years from now, this generation of sleds will still have a robust community. And this is all manufacturers. Not just Yamaha. Anyway we say the same stuff year after year. Hopeful for progress.

Maybe a black and gold SRX...?
Capture.JPG

Serious question though, did the VK540 leave the chat?

I’ve honestly been hoping that the 540 motor would make an appearance in an off trail expression. Call me Johnny 80s.

Back