• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Polaris VR1 and Assault Boost

On the same dyno the stocker is 175.4HP so an increase of what, 10% in power.. Not a lot for a turbo but it was already a doo killer. Its going to be a very frenetic weapon on a trail.

I thought I saw 190 something?

175.4 was stock, 195.6 was boosted, both readings on the same bikeman happy dyno. That motor probably has near zero headroom left for improvement, it could probably go to 900 cc, an improvement of 50-60cc over what it is today. It will be a trail weapon for sure but there is still a lot to be revealed about the layout of the turbo, any lag, throttle mapping, AFR mapping and management, etc.. Good for polaris, bad for doo.

Just built a boost VR1. Over 22k. Crazy money! They also offer a 1 inch track for speed like the SRX for the spring build.

Sign me up!
Over 20 grand though, OUCH!

It’ll be interesting to see what kind of engine protection system is provided with this Boosted 2 stroke!
But yeah, should be a great Power to Weight ratio set up, if it stays together, because we all know that Boost is addicting!

110lb lighter than a Thundercat/SRX with similar horsepower. These things are going to be a handful. You can already loft the skis at will on a Matryx.

Nice to see a 4 stroke. I wish it had about 40-50hp more.

I wouldn't own a two cylinder two-stroke on boost myself, let alone one with a Polaris engine stuffed in there, it would however be easy to change pistons WHEN it blows up and/or burns down! Think a boosted four-stroke is a lot of work, wait till the guys see what a boosted two stoke is for upkeep!

At least Polaris and Doo are innovating new stuff, thats more than I can say about Textron and Yamaha's bold new graphics and colors every season, shoot they can't even update a top gear bushing or a bearing that rotates on a shaft let alone innovate anything new since the Cat engineering crew all got let go a few years back.....

Back