• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Sidewinder wind deflectors

Ramaha

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2023 Sidewinder LTX-LE EPS
2017 Sr Viper RTX-SE
2014 Sr Viper RTX-SE
1998 Venture 700
Managed to get 230km on my new 2023 Ltx-Le before the melt last week. It wasn't terribly cold but I did notice that my waist was very cold. I can't find any wind deflectors from Yamaha however Arctic Cat lists one. Does anyone have these on their sleds? Will they fit a 2023?

Managed to get 230km on my new 2023 Ltx-Le before the melt last week. It wasn't terribly cold but I did notice that my waist was very cold. I can't find any wind deflectors from Yamaha however Arctic Cat lists one. Does anyone have these on their sleds? Will they fit a 2023?
Yes the Artic Cat deflectors fit. I have them on my sidewinder.

I have the cat deflectors, they keep my crotch alot warmer, I use to have issues with my package getting super cold, would start to hurt real bad in a 500km day, (lots of open field riding in a big day like that) tried all kind of different gear with different zippers, I put the deflectors on and it's been a non issue since. I didn't find that the deflectors fit exactly, they were just a little different but closer enough.... Pro tip, the install tool that marks the sled holes does not work.

Last edited:
I have the cat deflectors, they keep my crotch alot warmer, I use to have issues with my package getting super cold, would start to hurt real bad in a 500km day, (lots of open field riding in a big day like that) tried all kind of different gear with different zippers, I put the deflectors on and it's been a non issue since. I didn't find that the deflectors fit exactly, they were just a little different but closer enough.... Pro tip, the install tool that marks the sled holes does not work.
Thanks for the insight. Looks like I'll be getting them.

Thanks for the insight. Looks like I'll be getting them.
Is not perfect, and I've switched to a mono suit instead of a 2 piece. I have also done a meduim high windshield as well as the skinz gauntlets to block the wind. Maybe it is a cumulative thing, but after riding a fellow members 2022, for a few miles, I was immediately colder and felt more "in the air" and was very happy to hide behind my wind protection when I jumped back on my sled lol.

The install that comes with the wind deflectors does not work because it holds it to far away from the panel for the contours to match up.... You will not be happy when you have to slot those holes to mount it.

The install that comes with the wind deflectors does not work because it holds it to far away from the panel for the contours to match up.... You will not be happy when you have to slot those holes to mount it.
Any pics ?

Screenshot_20230104_203742_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230104_203736_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230104_203729_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230104_203725_Gallery.jpg

Does it get in the way when you are way out on the panels with your knee in a turn?

I don't think so, i haven't touched it with my knee yet that I can recall, but if I have, it was not have been bad enough to notice.

Last edited:
Finally got a set of deflectors installed. They help alot but don't completely solve the issue.

Back