• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2024 Prototypes and Spy Photos

How about a Viper with power steering and iqs shocks?

I've studied this photo quite a bit and come to the conclusion you guys must have better eyes than me...

I cant see anything Catalyst in this photo
the raised "eyebrow" of the middle sled indicates catalyst or a reflection

After last night's Ski-Doo release, it's obvious that the only models that can take their turbo four stroke is a wider chassis. And AC is sort of following suit building the body work around the engine. If there is room for a four stroke in the catalyst, I would be surprised.

Polaris, on the other hand, left room in the matryx for Four stroke and even the sled rag guys are saying the S4 has room for a turbo in there. I would expect to see a 130hp S4 Boost for 2024

the raised "eyebrow" of the middle sled indicates catalyst or a reflection

After last night's Ski-Doo release, it's obvious that the only models that can take their turbo four stroke is a wider chassis. And AC is sort of following suit building the body work around the engine. If there is room for a four stroke in the catalyst, I would be surprised.

Polaris, on the other hand, left room in the matryx for Four stroke and even the sled rag guys are saying the S4 has room for a turbo in there. I would expect to see a 130hp S4 Boost for 2024

Doesn't that engine make 180 in the SxS with boost?

Lots of room in the Matryx front end.

They will make hp and I’m guessing it will be 160-180 if they come with a turbo
It’s the same basic motor as the rzr
Dry sump

They will make hp and I’m guessing it will be 160-180 if they come with a turbo
It’s the same basic motor as the rzr
Dry sump
Polaris claims it is snowmobile specific, especially since they had to get it so low, and line it up with the clutches to utilize the same chassis as the 2 stroke sleds. Dry sump allowed that lowering.

So yes, it is similar to the RZR motor. But when starting around 90hp, we can't expect to double the hp with a turbo without quite a few other modifications. 30-40% increase is beyond conservative, which Polaris will go if they do this. They will work hard to not eat up their market share the Boost has.

The boost trail sleds should compete just fine with the new Doo 850T trails sleds just announced this week.

Polaris claims it is snowmobile specific, especially since they had to get it so low, and line it up with the clutches to utilize the same chassis as the 2 stroke sleds. Dry sump allowed that lowering.

So yes, it is similar to the RZR motor. But when starting around 90hp, we can't expect to double the hp with a turbo without quite a few other modifications. 30-40% increase is beyond conservative, which Polaris will go if they do this. They will work hard to not eat up their market share the Boost has.

The boost trail sleds should compete just fine with the new Doo 850T trails sleds just announced this week.
it’s more similar than different. The 4s and 2s markets are two different markets or they will attempt to create the segment that way, and Polaris will likely end up following doo with the whole ‘this is my rifle, this is my gun’ approach to market differentiation touting the updated s4 as the groomed trail cruiser and the boost as the ‘performance’ machine. Just a guess of course based on the fact that they can fill out the line that way and the 4s groomed trail bar has already been set with the winder.

Back