• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

21 Sidewinder SE setup

Pipe Dreams

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Sidewinder
Hi just wondering if anyone has a good setup for a 21 ltx se that's picked and running snowtrackers. Just got the 4 position blocks for the rear that I'm going to install. Rider weight is 290 lbs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi just wondering if anyone has a good setup for a 21 ltx se that's picked and running snowtrackers. Just got the 4 position blocks for the rear that I'm going to install. Rider weight is 290 lbs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Usually snowtrackers run the best with minimal skis pressure as possible. Raise the front of the sled so skis are off the ground and adjust the front ski springs with minimal preload. Adjust the rear spring block to your weight and put some preload on the center shock spring, you can leave the lower centre shock spring locking nut hand tight so you can adjust while on the trail till you find the happy spot. I’ve kept mine loose for 3 years and it has never moved.

Usually snowtrackers run the best with minimal skis pressure as possible. Raise the front of the sled so skis are off the ground and adjust the front ski springs with minimal preload. Adjust the rear spring block to your weight and put some preload on the center shock spring, you can leave the lower centre shock spring locking nut hand tight so you can adjust while on the trail till you find the happy spot. I’ve kept mine loose for 3 years and it has never moved.
You sound like Yamamarc lol. He recommended to me the same thing years ago worked out awesome.

I'm not sure why you say "run the best" with minimal ski pressure. You can also run max ski pressure with the snow trackers as well. This is the way I run them to keep the skis down and for better ride.

With snow trackers you can run heavy ski pressure and they still steer easy, plus the rear suspension also rides better with less front arm spring pressure for me. If you crank up the front arm spring they like to lift the skis in the corner under power and acceleration, something I hate myself. I already can't keep the skis on the ground under acceleration. I run only enough front arm spring to keep the retainer on the shock on my 17 LE. Something that would make the tuners steer like a dump truck without power steering, but with my Doo 5.7 Race skis and snow trackers its like having power steering.

I'm not sure why you say "run the best" with minimal ski pressure. You can also run max ski pressure with the snow trackers as well. This is the way I run them to keep the skis down and for better ride.

With snow trackers you can run heavy ski pressure and they still steer easy, plus the rear suspension also rides better with less front arm spring pressure for me. If you crank up the front arm spring they like to lift the skis in the corner under power and acceleration, something I hate myself. I already can't keep the skis on the ground under acceleration. I run only enough front arm spring to keep the retainer on the shock on my 17 LE. Something that would make the tuners steer like a dump truck without power steering, but with my Doo 5.7 Race skis and snow trackers it’s like having power steering.
I agree but as you know ski and suspension setups are endless, I just found they work best with some weight off the front end. I had trackers on my 20 GT and they seemed to work good but I wanted a bit more ski width so I tried the cat skis with trackers and hated them no matter how I adjusted the suspension, I was getting a lot of under steer, I’ve been running only trackers since my 07 apex,11 apex and 13 nytro and they worked great but for some reason they don’t work for sh*t on the cat skis, maybe snowtrackers didn’t make them right for the cat skis I don’t know but they just don’t work on my 20 GT.

Back