• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

22 LTX rear skid adjustments

super1c

Country
USA
Snowmobile
22 sidewinder LTX-LE
Hey guys! First couple rides in my 22 LTX LE. Love the sled but not happy with rear yet. Read a bunch of posts and rear mounting hole is in upper position which should be correct for 22. I read they messed with it on 20-21 and moved it down to compensate for taller spindle position, but ultimately moved it back up. My issue is sled looks like a squatter truck. Rear sits low, and front looks like it’s on Dollie’s when whole sled on flat ground. I do have way more sag then my viper did and I seem to bottom out easy. Running spring adjuster in med with shocks on 2. Steering is not bad with some push in corners. I’ve read to take all preload out of front shocks and check center shock preload. Just not sure where to start especially since Yamaha couldn’t even decide which mount hole was right. I know there is a million different opinions but looking for start point. What did everyone decide on best mount hole ect. Thanks for the help guys.

I would definitely keep it in the upper hole, my 20 came with bolt in lower hole which made steering extremely hard till I cranked the s**t out of the centre shock which killed the comfort of my rear suspension. Ive been happy with moving the suspension to upper hole and Yamaha figured it out too lol..

Post a pic of your sled, it shouldn’t be squatting that low.

This is the best pic I have and it doesn’t show much. Maybe it’s just me as I can’t get used to look of shorter tunnel of sidewinder vs the viper. But the sag is there and is way more then I feel it should have.

Attachments

• CA02A202-4830-4FD0-919F-6FE1C9AC31C1.jpeg
    CA02A202-4830-4FD0-919F-6FE1C9AC31C1.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 250
Looks a little squatted! This is my 2020 on second position and it's good with my 280lbs on it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220116211113.png
    Screenshot_20220116211113.png
    905.2 KB · Views: 236
Any thoughts on how to fix said squat? By second position I’m assuming your running bottom hole.
Nope! Top hole second position on spring adjuster. I think there may have been a spring issue on some of the 2020 where they where weak to begin with. This may be a reoccurrence.
Andy

Nope! Top hole second position on spring adjuster. I think there may have been a spring issue on some of the 2020 where they where weak to begin with. This may be a reoccurrence.
Andy
Hmmm. I’m set to that now so good start there. What do you think about the front spring pre load? I haven checked close but front is stiff and arms are angle up. Front rode stiff also. Ive only got 200 miles on it so I know it will brake in yet.

Hmmm. I’m set to that now so good start there. What do you think about the front spring pre load? I haven checked close but front is stiff and arms are angle up. Front rode stiff also. Ive only got 200 miles on it so I know it will brake in yet.
Most guys run the a arms parallel, I got mine pretty close by adjusting the front shock springs to no preload.

What fab said! Lift the front off the ground and back the springs off all the way then tighten the collars until they touch the springs and then 2 turns tighter . That's a good starting point

Hey guys! First couple rides in my 22 LTX LE. Love the sled but not happy with rear yet. Read a bunch of posts and rear mounting hole is in upper position which should be correct for 22. I read they messed with it on 20-21 and moved it down to compensate for taller spindle position, but ultimately moved it back up. My issue is sled looks like a squatter truck. Rear sits low, and front looks like it’s on Dollie’s when whole sled on flat ground. I do have way more sag then my viper did and I seem to bottom out easy. Running spring adjuster in med with shocks on 2. Steering is not bad with some push in corners. I’ve read to take all preload out of front shocks and check center shock preload. Just not sure where to start especially since Yamaha couldn’t even decide which mount hole was right. I know there is a million different opinions but looking for start point. What did everyone decide on best mount hole ect. Thanks for the help guys.
I had same thing with my 2017. Changed rear springs fixed it. Actually replaced with next up stiffer spring I think from 2014 cats. I ride with 4 gal tank and luggage out back

Thanks for the help guys, will start her and see what happens!
Hard to tell by pics but yours does look a little lower than normal, kinda looks like how mine is sitting with some weight on the back. Pic below is with bolts on upper hole, springs on setting 2, saddle bags and tunnel bag filled up with gear and fuel plus the weight of the kimpex connect kit and ice under the tunnel. The sled does look better when the bolts are in lower hole do to the fact that they raised the front end up but it rides better in the upper position.
57A2A900-0BF2-4E60-8406-49DD11E35CDC.jpeg

I'm in the same boat, just picked up the exact same sled and the rear end is insanely soft. When lifting up on the rear bumper to fully extend the rear skid, it will drop 3+" on its own when relaxed, and will drag the snowflap when riding it. Shocks and spring blocks are both set on "medium". I called Hauck and they said the crank up the front shock spring in the skid.

I'm in the same boat, just picked up the exact same sled and the rear end is insanely soft. When lifting up on the rear bumper to fully extend the rear skid, it will drop 3+" on its own when relaxed, and will drag the snowflap when riding it. Shocks and spring blocks are both set on "medium". I called Hauck and they said the crank up the front shock spring in the skid.
With a stout rear shock like the one that's in the LTX LE, the gas pressure in that shock should keep the rear suspension topped out all by it's self while at rest with no additional weight on the sled. Perhaps the Fox shock isn't charged at it's maximum' or at all.

With a stout rear shock like the one that's in the LTX LE, the gas pressure in that shock should keep the rear suspension topped out all by it's self while at rest with no additional weight on the sled. Perhaps the Fox shock isn't charged at it's maximum' or at all.
It sure could be, that was my first thought, is super soft or bad shocks. The sled is still brand new with not even 1 mile on it. I planned on riding Saturday but can't make it to the dealer until Friday afternoon, so I sure hope they can figure it out asap

Back