• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'22 LTX GT EPS has same dual rate springs as lowered Thundercat/SRX?

My 17' Limited is jacked up compared to the 19' SRX I ride with, we both run Pilots and pretty much the same track ( I switched his to a Rip 2 ) so when I was dialing in his clutching the difference in the cornering was amazing. It was mentioned above but now that I have ordered those front springs I wonder if I should grab the rears, most of my riding is mid week so 3' moguls aren't an issue. My concern is whether having a 129" will make a difference using the SRX/Thundercat 137" rears?
Doing the fronts alone is a huge improvement in handling on the 129", I haven't done the rear springs but I might try. Hopefully someone here installed the Srx rear springs and will chime in. But I believe the centre shock and spring and the 137" skid on the Srx /137" Ltx is the most important component in the handling characteristics of the Srx. And Sidewinders Ltx

I changed my center spring to the dual rate a few years ago, stock Cat spring, don't remember the rate.

I don’t get this new geometry change Yamaha/cat did, they changed the front end on the 20’s and raised the rear suspension to the bottom hole to match and now they are delivering the sleds with same front end but moved the rear in the upper hole again to lower the rear like the pre 20 sleds, what’s the point in raising the front end up.

Two things to note: I tried the SRX/Tcat clocked springs and lowered the front shocks in my 1100ZR9. It put the snow flap just about on the ground. Worked great on the lakes and fast groomed trails. I put the stock ones back in for rougher trail riding and keep the SRX springs for lake set up. Regarding the 2020 and up front end. The taller spindles allegedly make for better chassis roll when turning. Not sure if that is true but an engineer friend seems to thinks so.

Two things to note: I tried the SRX/Tcat clocked springs and lowered the front shocks in my 1100ZR9. It put the snow flap just about on the ground. Worked great on the lakes and fast groomed trails. I put the stock ones back in for rougher trail riding and keep the SRX springs for lake set up. Regarding the 2020 and up front end. The taller spindles allegedly make for better chassis roll when turning. Not sure if that is true but an engineer friend seems to thinks so.

What do you weigh? With my stock 17 LTX torsion springs set to the #2 position, the flap is about 5" off the floor when I am sitting on the sled.

I weigh too much ! LOL , I run the springs on # 3 and use QS3's on all 4 shocks.

The other thing I should mention is that my skid is a 129. Not sure if that would make any difference in the height.

I would also add that the clocked rear spring lowered the rear of my 129 skid about two inches just sitting without me on it.

I would also add that the clocked rear spring lowered the rear of my 129 skid about two inches just sitting without me on it.
I think your 129 might make those SRX torsion springs seem softer than they are for a 137 sled.

I think your 129 might make those SRX torsion springs seem softer than they are for a 137 sled.
You may be correct. There was no application for that spring on a 129. It did work but did not feel right in the bumps. Thats why I took them off.

You may be correct. There was no application for that spring on a 129. It did work but did not feel right in the bumps. Thats why I took them off.
Do you still have the SRX torsion springs? I was going to buy a pair.

Just to update my thread from last year, now that the '22 part numbers have been out for a while and confirmed, LTX GTs EPS has same front and rear torsion springs as MY20+ SRXs. For fun, anyone park both side by side and confirmed similar ride height? Get the SRX guys a bit jealous.

LTX GT EPS
front spring 8MY-F3351-10-00 Black
SRX
8MY-F3351-00-00 White

Both have same rear torsion spring:
8JX-G7474-00-00
SPRING, REAR 2
8JX-G7473-00-00
SPRING, REAR 1

I presume the '23 SRX will have the same 10-00 part number in the front now since it has black springs.

1668002565034.png

1668002711301.png

You're right about the front springs, but the rear springs are different for SRX. SRX rear springs are below. The parts you listed above are in all sidewinder and vipers from 2016 onwards....I just did a bunch of research on this lol

SRX rear springs, 2020 and newer

8JX-G7474-20-00 and​

8JX-G7473-20-00​

Back