• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4strokelover87's '04 Warrior

4strokelover87

Lifetime Member
East Central Illinois (in the middle of a corn fie
Website
www.magsamenlandscapes.com
Well, I figured with all the work I am doing on sleds the next few months, I would start a thread for my sled, and show everyone my other two projects!!!

So, first off, this is my '04 RX Warrior I bought about a year and a half ago from a guy near Woodstock, IL with 800 miles on it. The sled is in excellent condition and at the time I bought it was pretty much bone stock. The only upgrades he had done to the sled were the yellow skidplate, yellow hood inserts (I believe these are aftermarket), yellow shock covers, and a windshield bag. I found it on Ebay, but it didn't sell because the reserve was not met. I contacted the guy after the auction was over and picked it up for $5,000. That's pretty high for this sled today, but a year and a half ago I thought it was a pretty good price for a mint sled with 800 miles on it!!! It didn't take me long to start modifying it to meet my needs and wants with the first few mods being an Ulmer Stage II clutch kit, a low black windy, GYTR running board reinforcements, 162 1.375" Woodys with yellow, round poly backers, and a plugin for my heated shield. I didn't think it could get any better when I had all these mods done, and then I came across this awesome site we call TY!!!! Then the mods really begin!!! :)

Here is a list of everything else I did after coming across this site and talking to guys and just looking around at what everybody else has.....

9 tooth Wahl Bros extros
new style Yami snoflap
Apex seat
3.5" Rox Pivoting Risers
CSS light
GPS mount
A-arm covers
13mm swaybar
Ulmer digital temp gauge
rear cooler
CR10EK plugs

This list was only a good start. I now have the following waiting to be installed before the snow flies this year.....

M10 with jack (from Boomer's old '03 RX1 that my dad bought)
Simmons Skis (from the blown Warrior I picked up in CT to part out)
ECP filter kit with EVAC (picked up from Kinger)
I will also be picking up a set of Powermadd black and yellow handguards.

I can't thank everyone on this site who has helped me out so much through all of these mods!!! I couldn't have done it without everyone's help!!!!

Alright, now for some pics....

100_1417.jpg

100_1409.jpg

100_1431.jpg

100_1413.jpg

100_1425.jpg

100_1421.jpg

I completely tore the M10 apart and sent everything up to Halfbaked Powdercoating!!!! They did an awesome job on the skid, and another thanks goes out to those guys!!!

100_1424.jpg

Here's the '03 RX1 my dad bought from Boomer. It had the M10 you saw above under it, so I worked a deal with my Dad and talked him out of it!!!! I bought a set of rail extensions from Tracks USA for it and it's going under my Warrior!!! I picked up a stock, slightly used 121" suspension and just got it put under the sled a couple days ago.

100_1433.jpg

Now for my next big project....this is an '04 RX1 my uncle bought wrecked from a guy in Massachusetts. It needs an entire new front left, including the left half of the bulkhead. I haven't started on it yet, as I just got done tearing apart the blown '04 Warrior I'm parting out, which the front left suspension parts are coming from to fix this one.

100_1439.jpg

100_1438.jpg

So there you have it....my next few months of sled projects!!! Anyone is welcome to stop by and help out whenever!!! Or just come by for a beer and some moral support!!!! :) Sleddheadd, I know you're up for that one!!!

Thanks for checkin out my build thread and I will keep the pics coming as I go!!! Don't forget to check out my '04 Warrior partout thread if you need RX parts!!! I have alot left!!!

Later!!!
Jaron

04rxw10 said:
Looks like your going to have your hands full but do it now before the snow flyes or it will be put on the back burner to ride. Thats why im doing mine right now as well.

Yeah, you're tellin me!!!! I'm just trying to work on them when I can right now, but depending on how close the snow starts to get, I might have to start hitting it a little harder!!!!

SWEET!!! Another build thread to watch! this one is kind of like a 3-in-1er! lol.... Hhmmmmmm stop by for a beer and moral support sounds good to me! lol..... we'll have to see how october goes but I may be in for a road trip! lol..... Looks great so far Bud!

sleddheadd said:
SWEET!!! Another build thread to watch! this one is kind of like a 3-in-1er! lol.... Hhmmmmmm stop by for a beer and moral support sounds good to me! lol..... we'll have to see how october goes but I may be in for a road trip! lol..... Looks great so far Bud!

haha...yup!!! Yeah, I didn't think that would sound bad to you, Mark!!! Maybe while I'm getting the parts to put EVAC on my filters, I can pick up two of everything and we'll do away with your crankcase vent and hook yours up too??? It isn't hard at all!!! Or expensive!!! Thanks for the moral support so far!!!! I'm going to try to keep this thing update as well as I can!!!

Looks good. I would have stolen all the powdercoated parts (Saddles, rear grab bar) and maybe even the front arms off my old RX-1 and put them on the warrior.

Congrats Jaron!

Boomer said:
Looks good. I would have stolen all the powdercoated parts (Saddles, rear grab bar) and maybe even the front arms off my old RX-1 and put them on the warrior.

Congrats Jaron!

Haha...yeah...too bad they're red!!! I need black or yellow!!! I'm not sure the bumper would swap out, but good call!!! Maybe I'll check!!! :)

Well, I made quite a bit of progress yesterday and today with a total of about 8-10 hours of work on sleds. I started with my Warrior yesterday and I got the rear mount brackets located and all the mounting holes drilled. I gave myself an extra 1/2" - 3/4" of 'drop' at the rear mount point for a little extra clearance in the tunnel. I went ahead and put the skid in to check the mount points and make sure everything looked right. I pulled it back out to drill the two big holes for the rear mounts and I had to take about a 1/16" off the tips of my extros for clearance of the front (larger) arm of the M10. I'm going to get some slides for the skid also to put on the skid before I install it to stay. Much easier when it's not under the sled!!! :) I also got my Simmons skis put on and my Powermadd handguards.

With the hard part of installing the M10 out of the way, about the only thing I have left is to bolt in the M10 and rejet my carbs for the filter kit. I also need to get my supplies for the EVAC.

100_1470.jpg

100_1445.jpg

100_1453.jpg

100_1457.jpg

100_1451.jpg

OH....and I can't forget about my little helper, Drake!!!

100_1463.jpg

Since I got to somewhat of a stopping point on my Warrior waiting for some more parts, I decided to start ripping into the front end of my uncle's RX. You know what sucks worse than takin stuff apart???.....takin stuff apart that's all bent and broke!!! I spent about 2 hours on it and got pretty much tore down to the half of the bulkhead I need to replace. I do have one problem.....if you look at the pictures, there are two studs that point out to the left (as you're sitting on the seat), and two studs that point forward. I pulled the four nuts off these studs, but my problem is, how do i get the bulkhead wiggled off these four studs at the same time?? I can't go forward or to the left.....what's the secret???

100_1481.jpg

100_1483.jpg

100_1486.jpg

Great work, nice yellow/black theme.

Back