• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

9500 miles on drive shaft ???????

vx700xtc said:
Blue Dave said:
The shaft will snap leaving you stranded. I believe they usually snap on the end near the speedometer drive bearing. Perhaps someone else can confirm the most common snap point.
They break between the chain case and the first driver.

X2....right next to the chaincase

Thanks, good to know however I have heard that there is no visual clue to look for before they break.

Mmm.... If you plan to keep the sled for more than two more years and you can afford it I would replace the shaft with the heavy duty version from Ulmer. If you plan on selling the sled within the next two years you may want to save your money.

slimjim2525 said:
I am going to change my track on my 07 with 6k miles. Would you change the shaft now? I put on 2k miles on this sled per year.
Go with the HD Ulmer shaft, it comes with extovert drivers.... win, win.

I don't know why they break at all, but anyway, my 2 apex's were different. The first one I changed the shaft at 18000 miles because I was worried of breakage. My second apex it failed at a little over 8000 miles. So they could last for ever or not very long at all.

Has anyone broken a drive shaft that has had extroverts installed?
I have a new to Me Attak with less then 1000 miles and Ski Doo Extroverts. I am getting rid of the studded Rip Saw for a unstudded Rip Saw II and wondering if I should install the Micro Belmont 1.25" shaft or reinstall the OEM.

Back