• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

a milestone for the wife's phazer

pat the rat

Lifetime Member
finally reached it,that's 12500 miles,she was proud cuz she logged all those miles herself,i maybe put on 500 miles myself

Attachments

• IMG_0585.jpg
    IMG_0585.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0584.jpg
    IMG_0584.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 147

in all those miles,here is what i replaced,
2 upper idler wheels
fuel pump relay
2 torsion spring plastic block adjusters
exhaust donuts at 8000 miles wich i changed for nothing cuz they were still like brand new
rest is all wear items,3 sets of slides,carbides,belts etc

now i will be changing the track next season cuz its starting to show wear on the inside,plus all the front bushings,

That is great news!

Mine rolled 10K this year and going strong. So I am updating things (bushings kits) and possibly new shocks so that I can enjoy it even more.

Nice to see that speedometer at the 20,000 mark. Does the heart good!
Got my 07 VL to a little over 16,000km this season.

Your wife has good reason to feel proud! ;)! Now get out there and roll it over to 30,000! :-o

Incredibile! To paraphase STC, "she's got a real... good snowmobile." Your wife should get her own yamaha commercial.

Post like these that make me feel much better about having to spend a bit more money to fix up a few loose ends. 20,000 km's on this high revving engine is an achievement for sure!

pat the rat said:
your right,also,i went by the book on this one but i've never changed the oil filter since the first oil change at 500 km,
And there you have it! If Yamaha thought there was any reason at all to change your oil filter, they would've told you too!

That's allot of miles on 1 filter.

I know Yamaha recomends every 12000km, but I wouldn't go that far. Most people shy away beacause it's a hassle to get to. I was able to remove mine through the suspension with only removing the lower cowling ( modified oil filter wrench). The owner before me hadn't changed it at all for this reason.

I'll be changing my filter every season with an oil change!

Back