• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Accessory plug in type on Viper

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Apex SE
2012 Vector (wifes)
What kind of plug is on the viper for a heated shield? Is there a cigarette plug or a RCA type plug.....or no plug in at all?

snowman 700 said:
What kind of plug is on the viper for a heated shield? Is there a cigarette plug or a RCA type plug.....or no plug in at all?

Yamaha makes a plug that goes in there and it has the proper connector to plug your heated shield into.

Bcporsche that is good news did not really want to get a cigarette to RCA type converter.

I have hooked up RCA female plugs to access in past, but recent sleds ie vector and venture had RCA built into left handle bar grip area...but guess can hook up another RCA plug glad to hear easy access. Is this a fused circuit?

Yamadoo

Was thinking about buying the Yamaha RCA receptacle and wiring it to my Viper. Then I found it costs about $100. GMAX makes a cord that will plug into the Cat 2 prong plug and has an RCA at the other end for heated shield. Could be longer but it works.

YamahaTim said:
snowman 700 said:

Yamaha makes a plug that goes in there and it has the proper connector to plug your heated shield into.

Are you saying there is a cigarette plug on the viper? I should have been clearer in my post.... I have both style plugs and I am getting to ride a viper this weekend and I did not know if the viper has any plugs from the factory on it. My Apex has both. :yam:

snowman 700 said:
YamahaTim said:
snowman 700 said:

Are you saying there is a cigarette plug on the viper? I should have been clearer in my post.... I have both style plugs and I am getting to ride a viper this weekend and I did not know if the viper has any plugs from the factory on it. My Apex has both. :yam:

Yes there is a cigarette lighter on the left side of the gauge.

YamahaTim said:
snowman 700 said:
YamahaTim said:
snowman 700 said:

Thanks for the info. :rocks:

snowman 700 said:
YamahaTim said:
snowman 700 said:
YamahaTim said:
snowman 700 said:

Thanks for the info. :rocks:

No worries!! :-o

The bigger question is which ones have the plug std and which ones do not? I know the DX models for 2015 have both, but I thought the std models did not in 2014. I don't recall seeing a plug for a shield on the RTX SE that I rode, but I did not look hard and left my cord in the helmet bag figuring there was none.

Really the 15 delux has both!!!

Great I had not seen that

Yamadoo

I may have misstated as i can't seem to find the documentation any more, but I swear I saw it. Cat has better documentation and as I recall the ones with the heated seats get the extra doo-dads.

Why Yamaha couldn't post some nice pics of the cockpit online is beyond me. Not even in the brochure. No spec chart, nothging.

Cat LXR:

Push-button reverse, dual halogen headlight (2-bulb), front bumper, adjustable handlebar, deluxe digital gauge, electric gas gauge, low oil light, coolant overheat light, coolant temp, intake air temp, battery voltage, low fuel light, clock, high/low hand & thumb warmers, accessory outlet, mid-height windshield, electric start, rear storage bag, heated seat

Nothing about the shield plug.

Doo GSX has both maybe that is what confused me. To me it's a no brainer to equip DX machines with both like cruise control and power windows on a car.

I would not trust Cat specs, Cats now come with dual carbides, I saw a 2015 XF with the plastic plates to deflect snow on the back of the tunnel.

Back