• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Accessory plug in type on Viper

If you want a plug & play solution for a fused cable that will go from the battery to the handlebars here is a picture of what I ended up using. I found these three cables on Amazon. One is the fused cable that has the +/- terminal rings on one end and the SAE connection on the other. The second one is a 36" SAE to SAE extension cable. The third one is a SAE to RCA jack cable. Simply plug all three together.
IMG_2042.JPG

I wires my heated visor cord right to the battery. I had to use two cords.

I also put an in line fuse.

If you want a plug & play solution for a fused cable that will go from the battery to the handlebars here is a picture of what I ended up using. I found these three cables on Amazon. One is the fused cable that has the +/- terminal rings on one end and the SAE connection on the other. The second one is a 36" SAE to SAE extension cable. The third one is a SAE to RCA jack cable. Simply plug all three together.
img_2042-jpg.113678
If you are going to do that, Just put a plug in the plastic with a cover for when you aren't using it. Would make it a nice clean install.

The 2016 st x dx comes with a heat shield hookup .
Look at # 15 http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/56264db487a86602c84a3e44/instrument-panel
This should pug into any viper wiring harness i would think.

2016 LTX-DX. Have order parts 13, 14 and 15 from the fiche listed above. Have also found the connector on the muffler side that is designated for the visor plug. From the parts fiche it does not look like the wire from the plug (part 15) is long enough to reach the connector. Does anybody know if there is a second connector in the area of the steering column. It would make more sense to have it plug in there rather than routing all the way to the connector. I have looked for an identical connector in the wiring harness at the steering post but am not seeing one. Anybody know for sure? Thanks.

I hooked up to the above chain case plug then brought the helmet end jack up through the steering riser I can flip it out with my finger and plug in helmet or push it in to the center of the riser and it is invisible and out of the way.

I hooked up to the above chain case plug then brought the helmet end jack up through the steering riser I can flip it out with my finger and plug in helmet or push it in to the center of the riser and it is invisible and out of the way.

Yamadoo, I was thinking of doing that but I was looking for a more OEM looking install. I also like the idea of having a cap on the plug to prevent any moisture build up or shorting against something. I ran a similar installation to yours on my 07 Phazer FX and I have the RCA plug zip tied to the let side handlebar. Every once in a while it will blow the fuse. My suspicion is it is getting wet or shorting against the handle bar.

Yamadoo, I was thinking of doing that but I was looking for a more OEM looking install. I also like the idea of having a cap on the plug to prevent any moisture build up or shorting against something. I ran a similar installation to yours on my 07 Phazer FX and I have the RCA plug zip tied to the let side handlebar. Every once in a while it will blow the fuse. My suspicion is it is getting wet or shorting against the handle bar.
Hmm never shorted out, have enough slack so open plug is pointing end down not to catch liquid. Good luck.

I've got so many wires going back and forth between my hood and chassis, I ordered a 12 pin automotive connector off Amazon to clean up my wiring harness. That will be this spring's task, make a complete new harness. I'm getting tired of disconnecting 7 different wires each time I want to remove my hood... Each device will have a 2 or 4 prong connector that will tap into the 12 pin connector. I'm pulling power off my battery to power GPS and LED lights that connects to a switch by my fuel filler. I'm pulling power off my outlet to power things that I want to come on with the key like my tuner and helmet, and I have CAN connections for my POD 300 boost gauge. I only need 8 connections as of now, but I wanted some extra for future mods.

2016 LTX-DX. Have order parts 13, 14 and 15 from the fiche listed above. Have also found the connector on the muffler side that is designated for the visor plug. From the parts fiche it does not look like the wire from the plug (part 15) is long enough to reach the connector. Does anybody know if there is a second connector in the area of the steering column. It would make more sense to have it plug in there rather than routing all the way to the connector. I have looked for an identical connector in the wiring harness at the steering post but am not seeing one. Anybody know for sure? Thanks.

If you are using the connector by the muffler all you need is a SAE extension.
16 Gague http://www.ebay.com/itm/QUICK-DISCO...IN-SAE-CONNECTOR-16-GAUGE-PC160-/151892182243
or 14 Gague http://www.ebay.com/itm/QUICK-DISCO...IN-SAE-CONNECTOR-14-GAUGE-PC140-/151892181686

I've got so many wires going back and forth between my hood and chassis, I ordered a 12 pin automotive connector off Amazon to clean up my wiring harness. That will be this spring's task, make a complete new harness. I'm getting tired of disconnecting 7 different wires each time I want to remove my hood... Each device will have a 2 or 4 prong connector that will tap into the 12 pin connector. I'm pulling power off my battery to power GPS and LED lights that connects to a switch by my fuel filler. I'm pulling power off my outlet to power things that I want to come on with the key like my tuner and helmet, and I have CAN connections for my POD 300 boost gauge. I only need 8 connections as of now, but I wanted some extra for future mods.
A ski doo buddy of mine went to the junk yard and cut out a bunch of connectors and cigarette lighters from chevy trucks. Hes got more crap wired to that sled than james bond, even put a horn on it.

Again, the cleanest and most useful set up is still Rocktoyz Power supply. Allows two helmets or RCA plugs as well as two USB's

Agree....rocz smart supply is plug and play into existing cigarette lighter port. Solves all issues quickly and easily.

View attachment 99020 Maybe this is it. Little black rectangle plug on bottom of pic. What do you do why the end you remove?
I assume the " dummy" plug with the single black wire coming from it is only used to cover the actual two wire "power carrying" plug so removing or leaving the dummy plug dangling should be no issue.

I assume the " dummy" plug with the single black wire coming from it is only used to cover the actual two wire "power carrying" plug so removing or leaving the dummy plug dangling should be no issue.

Yes, the "dummy" plug is simply to seal the connector contact surfaces when the connector is not being used. Once you plug a cable into it the "dummy" plug can be left dangling.

Back