• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ADAPT Clutch Set Up

I would understand if it was all the time but it’s only after long hard pulls.

Do you like the helix at 46/44
Seems like a lot of belt pinch in the back? With that being off from primary maybe you are having spring fade up front and too much grab in rear??
What clutch is hotter
Primary I assume

Compression spirings like the Cat runs in the secondary are more prone to engine brake, which IMO isn't such a bad thing. I wished our Yamahas had more engine braking rather than relying on the brake to haul things down.
Good to know, I kinda assumed it was the compression setup as its the only thing quite different and I noticed it bone stock with their big helix and it becomes a little more pronounced with bigger springs or shallower helixs but none the less I really like it…

Do you like the helix at 46/44
Seems like a lot of belt pinch in the back? With that being off from primary maybe you are having spring fade up front and too much grab in rear??
What clutch is hotter
Primary I assume
I love the helix. Maybe I should try a lesser secondary spring?

When the sled decelerates as explained, I burp the gas and it comes out of it and will backshift smoothly.

Sorry I am late updating guys, the trip north for a couple days went really well and put on another 400miles. I am really liking where I am at but didn’t end up on the rail beds enough to really stretch the legs as I would have liked. You guys were Iggy I had to pull weight. I started but switching from the largest slug to the next one down and then ended up swapping again down to the next to smallest landing me at 73.8 with the speedwerx spring and XS belt landing me at 8950-9000rpm. The primary will now hold the belt all the way down to 23-2400rpm as I tested coming down some hills to a stop. Perfect for my riding style. Will be headed back up to Slow998’s neck of the woods next week to try and sneak some more last minute miles in too

That’s good! Hopefully the trails hold up for a bit longer. I’ve had a rough go the past few weeks. Broke my hand a month ago and the. Was setting my sled up to play at a radar run and ended up blowing the clutch apart on the race tune. So, new tapp primary and stm secondary are on the way. ‍♂️

That is a tough run but I am jealous of the new bling you have on the way. Keeping the fingers crossed that you guys get a few inches out of these next two little systems on the way

May as well advertise them for $100. Out of stock and no projected date! Same s#&%% different day.
Spaceman is a buddy, he ordered one just a week ago and we put it on today.

Johns performance in Carey OH has them for $475

I am going to be making a few changes this year to try some things, I grabbed a BDX 50/46 helix, their light weight spider and I will add the slick shift bearing I have here in the shop to see what I think of. Hopefully have some feedback on that in a couple weeks. I have quite a few up coming trips

Does it still need weights and spring?
Yes, after talking with thunder he used his fly weights and spring from his Team primary. You will either a new bolt or a spacer from your existing bolt.

Back