• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Adjustable 1:1 FPR on Boost where to hook up how to set base PSI

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
Installing a 1:1 adjustable FPR. Going to tap behind the TBs for vac and boost. On the initial set up the stock apex uses 36PSI with the vacuum line hooked up.

Aeromotive says set you base PSI with engine running and vac/boost line disconnected. Then when you hook that line back up the vacuum will pull some fuel pressure away from the rail.

So some on here have set their atmospheric fuel pressure to 43 psi, then I assume they got 'lucky' and when they hook up the signal line it pull pressure down to the recommended 36 psi????

So my plan is to install hook up the vac line and start it, then set psi to 36.3 PSi (250 kPa) per the manual.

That sound appropriate???

FYI I am installing ID1050X injectors at same time so this pressure is crucial.

Thanks!

Set your base fuel pressure just as they instruct. 43 psi with no vacuum hooked up, ignore what the fuel pressure is when under a vaccum. Fine tune maps from there.

Yes you need to be able to tune the engine for them. When I was stock ECU I used the system with aux injectors welded in the IC and a separate controller that only sprayed when in boost. Boost-it was what it was called.

Sorry I should have said too big for the stock ecu when using a pcv. Will thr pcv allow empugh fuel to be pulled

I've used 1050cc injectors on a SR Viper once, it took some time to get everything lined out, but was doable. I did lower the base fuel pressure down to like 36 psi to help size the injectors down and then built the base fuel map from there.

Back