• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Self installed ulmer turbo kit help, and help with fuel pump and fpr install.

Jacob Sawchuk

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro XTX
So i have purchased a walbro gsl392 fuel pump, aeromotive a1000 FPR for my fuel upgrade kit for my ulmer turbo kit to make it a 240 hp kit as well as the studs and head shim.

Fuel pump and FPR with return line
install

As for the questions, is there anything else needed for the fuel upgrade install. Whats all needed to place for the fuel pump install, where does the new line goto the tank on the install, is a vent needed for fuel tank to alleviate vacuum on tank. Do you remove the old fuel pump and filter and then place a new filter on?

Head shim/stud install

When doing this new upgrade for the shim, Is changing the timing necessary if so how much do you advance/retard timing. As well as is there anything else needed to be done when installing the shim/gasket.

Thanks for input or even just looking at the post any input helps

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Order up the hurricane fuel rail fitting to make it a flow thru design or in warmer temps you will vapour lock. I would also order his cam timing jig and set your cams to that. Give him a call very knowledgable helpful guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Order up the hurricane fuel rail fitting to make it a flow thru design or in warmer temps you will vapour lock. I would also order his cam timing jig and set your cams to that. Give him a call very knowledgable helpful guy

So when running the flow through how does it attach do you weld on also would the fuel regualotor go behind the rail in this set up or still before

My kit started as a ulmer kit and has been changed over the years. The fitting looks like a bolt on part with o rings looks stock. About $80 I mounted my fuel pump by battery like mpi does. Then to fuel rail and then fuel regulator after that. Then return to tank. One thing you need to do is put heat sleeves on (all) lines near the turbo. I hope you have the bigger turbo.

My kit started as a ulmer kit and has been changed over the years. The fitting looks like a bolt on part with o rings looks stock. About $80 I mounted my fuel pump by battery like mpi does. Then to fuel rail and then fuel regulator after that. Then return to tank. One thing you need to do is put heat sleeves on (all) lines near the turbo. I hope you have the bigger turbo.

Yep got the upgraded turbo gt2860r i do beleive and intercooler for it as well

Last edited:
Are you adding additional fuel injectors, or replacing the stock ones with larger flowing cc's?

Are you adding additional fuel injectors, or replacing the stock ones with larger flowing cc's?
Wasnt going to as ulmer said it wasnt needed with upgraded fuel pump and regulator. But now i keep questioning whether i need them as you are the second person inquiring whether i am putting bigger ones in.

Wasnt going to as ulmer said it wasnt needed with upgraded fuel pump and regulator. But now i keep questioning whether i need them as you are the second person inquiring whether i am putting bigger ones in.

I dont think injectors are 100% necessary, but the stock ones at 240 hp will be pretty much at 100% duty cycle. Keep an eye on your air fuel ratio on a long pull.

Ya thats the sled and ya thats hopefully what it can create/handle

Did you get the studs and gasket from Ulmer? he usually sends the cam timing info with the gasket

Did you get the studs and gasket from Ulmer? he usually sends the cam timing info with the gasket
No got it from hurricane just made it simpler for ordering as i needed the flow through fitting for the rail.

What size fuel of fuel line is everyone running on there turbo kits?

Back