• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Advice Wanted...... Track Options!!

I'm running a 136" Ice Attack on my Nytro RTX and it does very well on the trails. I'm also running the stock Ripsaw 2 on my Viper but was thinking about replacing it with an Ice Storm 150. The Ice Storm is a prestudded track with 1.5" center lugs and 1.25" outer lugs. The taller center lugs will work well in deep snow and the shorter outer lugs should allow for better cornering on the trails.

Thx for all the advice boys. Have looked heavily at the Ica Attak 1.22" 144...the Cobra 1.3" 144 and the both Cobra 1.6" (pre studded and not). Have also looked at the Ice Storm 1.5". That Ice Storm looks lime a good option for the tippy cornering xtx w a 144. Havent seen many reviews on it yet though...prob because it's so new.

I actually measured my BC 1.75" lygs last night...and each only measured 1.5" in height. But maybe they are hard to properly measure while still wrapped in the skid.

Would a 1.6" Cobra (or any other lug), actually be a true 1.6 inches....or more like a 1.4" to 1.5" length?

Based on my experience manufacturers include the main body of the track in their height measurement, hence the 1.5" lug height measurement on the BC.

1.6 ice cobra is actually 1.5 lug height, it's 1.6 with the stud peaking through, I ran a 137" 1.6 ice cobra on my viper, I think it's the best of both worlds, great trail track with very good off trail performance, mine had 5200 miles has one missing lug and a few torn, I was going to run it a few more seasons but decided to turn the viper into an off trail monster and got a sidewinder for trail riding.

Well I decided to go with the 1.6" Cobra Ice. Thx for all the replys and thoughts. I sent a very thorough email to Camso and explained my sled...my suspension..and how and where I most likely ride...and style of riding. John Robare replied with many explanations and good feedba k about a few different tracks. In the end it was more important to have a track that will get me through deep powder and still perform decent on trail...than to have just a good trail track...and risk burrying my tank too often...or worse..holding eveybody up cos I chose the wrong track application. Was going to go w the Ice Attak XT...but decided against it. Guess this winter will tell how it holds up...and how it performs trail wise.

Well I decided to go with the 1.6" Cobra Ice. Thx for all the replys and thoughts. I sent a very thorough email to Camso and explained my sled...my suspension..and how and where I most likely ride...and style of riding. John Robare replied with many explanations and good feedba k about a few different tracks. In the end it was more important to have a track that will get me through deep powder and still perform decent on trail...than to have just a good trail track...and risk burrying my tank too often...or worse..holding eveybody up cos I chose the wrong track application. Was going to go w the Ice Attak XT...but decided against it. Guess this winter will tell how it holds up...and how it performs trail wise.
I love mine, hope you do too. I will measure my lugs tomorrow, not sure what the 1.6" measures, I assume height of lug excluding track belt thickness but including the stud. I know you can't add much more lug height and retain the radiator guards at the front of the skid.

I went through the same dilema last winter...
Same sled, 09 Nytro XTX, 1.75 back country track was in need of replacement, after lots and I mean lots of discussions with myself (lol) I could not give up the back country so that's what I replaced my back country with!

The traction is awesome!

I measured my ice cobra 1.6" tonight and hard to see w the angle but rubber paddle is 1.45" and stud another .15" so total is 1.6". I found it to be best of both worlds on groomed trails where I ride 85% of my time and in the deeper snow the rest. I can power out of almost anything within reason on such a heavy sled... Keep the momentum going is my motto!

image.jpeg

Was looking at the Cobra on an '18 SW a few days ago. Although softer than the BC...was happy with the lug size and feel. I think it'll be a very good compromise for me. Having the extra traction w the pre studs should help in those icy situations...and from getting stuck...sitting there spinning on a sheet of ice.

Last edited:
Another vote for the ice cobra 1.6. Ran it last season on my nytro XTX. Enough traction on ice and hooks up good on the trail.
Love mine, no complaints!

1.6 ice cobra here too. One weekend on it and liked how it performed. Was 320 trail miles with lots of icy corners and like the grip in icy conditions

1.6 ice cobra here too. One weekend on it and liked how it performed. Was 320 trail miles with lots of icy corners and like the grip in icy conditions
Agree, on anything icy all the way to moderate off trail fun works well. Not for deep deep stuff where a 2" paddle is perfect but all around seems just right : )

Back