• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

After market parts

saythey

Extreme
Is there somewhere that sells after market parts for an xtx. Went for a small ride for the first time this year and hit a small stump going maybe 5 mph. The bottom A arm is now bent. The ski sits back about 4" compared to the other side. The spindle is straight up and down not at an angle like the left side. I checked yamaha parts on line and they are $430. Wow that is crazyand not sure what else may be bent. Any help would be great.

Take a good look and see if its the a-arm that is bent or if its where the a arm is connected to the sub frame. I have seen the arms take pretty hard hits without damaging them, instead the sub frame bends at the connection point and it makes the arms look bent but really they are just pushed back because of a bent sub frame. Sub frame from y experience is a 2K+ project for a dealer... if you do it yourself you looking at about $400 and about 3-4 hours of your time. My guess is, if you really bent the a arm there will most likely be sub frame damage. In that case if your capable of the work I would purchase a new sub frame and arm and dis assemble and put back together... try ebay for the a arms and frame, and get bent bolts and small parts from your dealer. Make sure sub frame part number is 09 or 10 nytro frame. Good luck... maybe post some pics?

The after market supplier is called ebay. I think they have a web site.

TimberSled and ZBroz Racing sells kits to replace the stock front end, but you'll spend more because everything gets swapped.

The small arm (stabilizer joint) is bent. There was some bark on it. It is just hard to see where the real damage is. Where the arms attach to the frame don't seem to be bent. Also ebay does not have any used a arms

saythey said:
The small arm (stabilizer joint) is bent. There was some bark on it. It is just hard to see where the real damage is. Where the arms attach to the frame don't seem to be bent. Also ebay does not have any used a arms

pm laneo on these forums, lane is a great guy and might have used parts in stock to help you out.

Back