• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket Ski Recommendations

are all of you running with limiter straps in last hole? Aggressive snotrackers?

Last edited:

are all of you running with limiter straps in last hole? Agressive snotrackers?

Aggressive Snowtrackers and limiters let out all the way. Front shock on the rear skid has a RX-1 rear skid spring from the front shock.

are all of you running with limiter straps in last hole? Agressive snotrackers?

My limiter straps are in the stock location and I am running Agressive Snowtrackers. I was able to let out the transfer rod some and still had good performance. Probably will try letting out transfer rod some more but season is over here in MN so it will have to be next year. Front springs are 1 turn from full loose when shocks are fully extended.

Has anyone tried the Apex Mountain skis with some other carbides with good success? Like Shapers or Triple points?

I had 6" Bergstrum Triple points on my Slydog powder hounds and it turned beautifully and tracked straight. but believe it or not the conditions were so bad in 2016 that I wore them almost flat !
The set before that had over 3k on them. So after seeing how bad the Triple points were. I made a switch to the Snowtrackers Semi Aggressive and found the steering effort went down but the tracking was excellent . I ran 6" shaper bars on the Slydog for a couple of months but the steering effort was to much.

At this point the Snowtrackers and the Triple points are the only carbides I will use . They are about the same price. Bergstrum use to offer up repeat customers a discount but haven't seen any specials from him for about 4 years....

Last edited:
If you haven't made a purchase yet there is some Yamaha mountain single keel skis available cheap on this site.
Those and snow trackers and you would have the best of all worlds. I have snow trackers aggressive, thousands of miles on a Bergstrom 8 triple points both good, I would give the handling nod to Sno Trackers to soon to tell on the longevity the Bergstrom's lasted forever -7 k miles.

That’s my plan thanks, I was just wondering if any other carbide would work good or the same

That’s my plan thanks, I was just wondering if any other carbide would work good or the same
I have tried most carbides on the market and nothing holds a candle to snow trackers in my opinion. I just don't even think about carbides anymore after I found them.

I have tried most carbides on the market and nothing holds a candle to snow trackers in my opinion. I just don't even think about carbides anymore after I found them.
where y'all

Where Y'all ordering your snow trackers, I did a search and I see you can even get them at Walmart?

I have never seen them there. Port Yamaha or Travis @ barn of parts.

last I seen Travis had a set that he demoed and was selling at a discount.

Thanks, I wonder if They have a set that will fit SLP Skis with dual runners ?

Back