• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket Skiis for '06 Apex

GTPower

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'15 Viper
I have had much success with USI skiis. In the past I have run C&A Ultra Pro and SLP, never kept stock skiis. I was wondering what type of ski will the Apex run the best with? For me right now, I would choose USI's SPX ski - absolutely great skiis in any condition! :4STroke:

If you always knew it would be hard packed trails the Simons are the better ski, however that is rarely the case. When the trails start to soften, the C&A totally outshine the Simons. The design of the Simons has a concave section down the center of the ski, loose snow will pack in this area causing the front of the sled to push in the corners. This is the reason they claim the skis float better off trail. Ive tried them all and can tell you unless you are a boondocker, the C&A is a better trail ski. They could care less what shape the trails are in whereas the Simons shine only when the trails are hard...Just my humble opinion...BBY

The darting on the hard hard icy trails is what I am trying to avoid. Our last trip a week ago was awesome. At times my speedo was reading 116 MPH on the trail. I do not like the darting at those speeds.

I used simmons this year and they are awsome compared to OEM. They do push a little in soft trails but work well on groomed packed trails.

I have C&A & simmons.
The C&A are great skis but i had a darting issue. I put on the simmons on and that fixed the darting but then i had fishtailing. the simmons are awesome on the trails they carve better than the c&A.
i will have to see which i like better on my Apex. plan on keeping both.

I have a set of Simmons for sale. dark blue over black. Great condition, comes with four, 4" cutting carbides and the yamaha mounts. 275.00 plus shipping. o21295@huxcomm.net ===SRXSRULE===

Back