• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket skis....why?

Well, it seems like the rule of thumb is that ANYTHING is better than the stock ski's. I am leaning towards the idea that ZipClean had, and using the APEX mountain ski's. I really don't go off trail much, but it will bug me if I know I can't do it.

Attak said:
HI attak,i am interested in how well your new mountains work for carving tight turns on packed trails,plus all the other types of conditions we drive in,and you said that you just buy the ski bottoms and install them on stock set up,how much did they the bottoms cost ya,and was the install straight foward,i mean no cutting or grinding?? thanks Pete

You don't need to do anything. Just remove your old ones, transfer the parts over and install the new ones. The bottoms are about $94.00 per side. I don't have snow yet so I can't tell you how they work. :o|

Not quite, just put the mtn ski's on my Rage and you'll need, longer boltx2, bushingsx2 and 4 collar's but it is very easy to do. :Rockon:

Attak wrote:
Quote:
HI attak,i am interested in how well your new mountains work for carving tight turns on packed trails,plus all the other types of conditions we drive in,and you said that you just buy the ski bottoms and install them on stock set up,how much did they the bottoms cost ya,and was the install straight foward,i mean no cutting or grinding?? thanks Pete

You don't need to do anything. Just remove your old ones, transfer the parts over and install the new ones. The bottoms are about $94.00 per side. I don't have snow yet so I can't tell you how they work.
[/color]

Not quite, just put the mtn ski's on my Rage and you'll need, longer boltx2, bushingsx2 and 4 collar's but it is very easy to do.

Maybe you did for your Rage. I didn't need anything for my Attak.

Attak said:
Hey Attack-let me know how them mountain skis work on packed trails, I am thinking on doing the same-I'm mostly worried about darting. Thanks

Attak wrote:
Quote:

You don't need to do anything. Just remove your old ones, transfer the parts over and install the new ones. The bottoms are about $94.00 per side. I don't have snow yet so I can't tell you how they work.
[/color]

Not quite, just put the mtn ski's on my Rage and you'll need, longer boltx2, bushingsx2 and 4 collar's but it is very easy to do.

I dunno but so far I'm very happy with what I have ..stock skis with Bergstrom 6" carbides with his shims, no darting since the shims and no studs!

Attak said:
Attak wrote:
Quote:

[/color]

My dealer just swapped my stock skis for the Yamaha mountain skis for $10 each. But they DO need the 4 collars, 2 longer bushings, and 2 bolts.

Just stumbled onto this thread, don't post here much. Look for a new adjustable-keel ski from Yam next year or year after. Not sure if it will be wider for flotation, or how easy it will be to adjust, but it will certainly help any darting/pushing/carving issue, on any suspension setup, in any condition.

favarcat said:
Attak said:
Attak wrote:
Quote:

[/color]

My dealer just swapped my stock skis for the Yamaha mountain skis for $10 each. But they DO need the 4 collars, 2 longer bushings, and 2 bolts.

OK' Do we need the extra parts or not? One person says yes-the other no.

stormchaser said:
favarcat said:
Attak said:
Attak wrote:
Quote:

[/color]

OK' Do we need the extra parts or not? One person says yes-the other no.

Yes, we need the extra parts. I have the skis sitting next to me right now and the Attak in the garage without skis on it. And we just got a foot of snow. I ordered the extra parts, and they should be in Tues.

Here is a picture of the Mountain ski. Also a picture of the ski with the stock ski mounting bolt into it. It is too short to go all the way thru.

Attachments

• DSCN4588 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4588 (Small).JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN4591 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4591 (Small).JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 112
Thanks favarcat-looks like I'll have to order more parts. Being wider is this going to make them sloppy? Isn't there going to be play on each side of the mount?

Back