• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

air box mod

wpgwarrior

Expert
alright... the airbox is cut open, the carb rack is on the bench , and the main jets are NOT coming out of the main jet holders !!! :o| :o| :o| off :die :die to a buddies for impact driver or maybe a reverse tap out ....

0 rings!!!

ok...my buddy got the jets out, just needed a mechanics touch i guess....next..... $21 bucks for the o rings and again for the washers,,,,,,are they available somewhere other the yammy dealer?? :rocks:

Which jets are you going with? Are you changing the pilots or leaving them be? Let us know how it works out.

jets

its done.... 170 mains.left the pilots as is .its running and idling great, i guess i am waiting to test it under load. :-o snow dance.two more fishing days , one week with the rifle , and the yammy is (hopefully)ready.i dropped bounty a line sleddog and am waiting to here back.see if we cant get this done :rocks:

You are going to need clutching most likely to take advantage of the extra HP. If you are bouncing off the rev limiter that is a good thing as it proves the mod is working and clutching is needed to make use of the new found HP. Perfect Larry can give you a lot of info on who to contact to get the ride done. If I am free which is a possiblity this year I am coming for the ride with my modded rx maybe we can line them up for some fun. :jump:

wkend

just for sh&ts and giggles what weekend would , might , work for you.my warrior has heel clicker clutch on it, last year it was tapping out at 9800 rpm so i know i (???) have a little work yet.

I have a Heavy Hitter clutch kit set for the airbox mod I am willing to part with. Works great.

Dont know what you need. My kit came with my modded airbox I bought direct from Ted Jannety, the guru of this mod. I did not need to spend more or guess about the set up, just bolt on and go. Took a few Apex's and XP's with it!

Difference being he was charging for the mod my mod is free. Sure there is some fine tuning but that makes it personal and fun! Would be fun to line up against a sled with teds mod for poops and giggles.

His was a complete mod with everything included, with clutching and his support. Not unlike what you buy from Ulmer or others. Well worth the $$$ because there was no guessing. Ran this set up for 6 years, no problems. His advice also said that if you did not have at least 144 studs, you are not taking advantage of the mod. Dont forget the carb springs as well.

optomism

not something im real good (being optomistic)at but i cracked the warrior on a path in the city last weekend and dropped it beside the highway just now and man, its seems solid. no burps , bogs or backfires up to 10+ rpm . conditions not great to hold it open but man , so far-so good. :Rockon: :Rockon: thanks sled -dog and other members.... :rocks:
NOW....LET IT SNOW !!!!

Glad to hear the mod works for you. I did it last year and love it. I haven't did anything to my clutches yet because I don't know much about clutches or what to even do to them. What do I need to get/do to clutch this thing properly for this mod. I realize springs and weights but how do I know which ones.
2003 RX1 136" 1.75"lug. Sled dogs air box mod, 165 mains jets, Stock pilot jets, Stock clutching (as far as I can figure out)

Back