• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Updated rear shock for 2016 or 2017 Vectors 129

TrueBlue

Lifetime Member
I have seen posts on here that people have had the updated shock for there Vectors installed at the dealer from yamaha. From what I see, yamaha will pay for the shock but you pay for the labor. Does anyone know the part No. for this new shock for a 129.

I am hearing different stories about the 2018 Vectors. I have spring ordered one & the dealer told me that they will have the updated shock on them. I wanted to buy a 2017 Vector but found out the ride wasn't so good so that is why I ordered a 2018. If the 2018 Vector does not come with the updated shock I don" want it & should have kept my reliable 2011 Vector.

Almost positive the 2018 Vector comes with the updated shock. I know the 2018 Apex does for sure. I plan to have the upgraded one in my 2016 Apex before next season.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I have seen posts on here that people have had the updated shock for there Vectors installed at the dealer from yamaha. From what I see, yamaha will pay for the shock but you pay for the labor. Does anyone know the part No. for this new shock for a 129.

I am hearing different stories about the 2018 Vectors. I have spring ordered one & the dealer told me that they will have the updated shock on them. I wanted to buy a 2017 Vector but found out the ride wasn't so good so that is why I ordered a 2018. If the 2018 Vector does not come with the updated shock I don" want it & should have kept my reliable 2011 Vector.

TrueBlue - The part number for the new Fox Float XV Piggyback shock you are referring to is 8LB-47480-00-00. The program you are referring to in regards to Yamaha paying for an upgraded shock with the customer paying for the labor to install it can be found in the pdf file attached at the very end of this post . Note the upgrade letter is aimed at 2017 Apex owners and has never been officially released for any other models. I have also attached a pdf of a Tech Exchange that Yamaha released with info on the new 8LB rear shock. It contains info on it being available as an accessory to fit 2016-2017 Vector/Apex models along with install and set-up information on the shock for both 129" and 146" singleshot suspensions.

8LB-47480-00-00.jpg

In regards to 2018 Vectors they will not have the new Fox Float XV Piggyback style shock in them and will be using the same Fox Float XV shock like the 2016-2017 models have used. The only 2018 models coming with the Fox Float XV Piggyback shock are the power surge 2018 Apex LE models. Take a look at the pic below with the model comparison info for 2017/2018 Vector and 2018 Vector and in the rear suspension area you will see the shock specification for each sled. If you are spring power surge ordering a 2018 Vector and are getting the $600 accessory credit with the power surge deal one thought would be you could put it towards getting that rear shock as currently as an accessory it retails for $499.99 - hope this info helps!
Vector - Apex comparison.PNG

Attachments

• 60736YDS Apex RX10 series FOX RR shock replacement 1-17-17.pdf
    186.4 KB · Views: 347
  • S2017-005 8LB Shock Tech Exchange.pdf
    437.5 KB · Views: 669
TrueBlue - The part number for the new Fox Float XV Piggyback shock you are referring to is 8LB-47480-00-00. The program you are referring to in regards to Yamaha paying for an upgraded shock with the customer paying for the labor to install it can be found in the pdf file attached at the very end of this post . Note the upgrade letter is aimed at 2017 Apex owners and has never been officially released for any other models. I have also attached a pdf of a Tech Exchange that Yamaha released with info on the new 8LB rear shock. It contains info on it being available as an accessory to fit 2016-2017 Vector/Apex models along with install and set-up information on the shock for both 129" and 146" singleshot suspensions.

View attachment 128486

In regards to 2018 Vectors they will not have the new Fox Float XV Piggyback style shock in them and will be using the same Fox Float XV shock like the 2016-2017 models have used. The only 2018 models coming with the Fox Float XV Piggyback shock are the power surge 2018 Apex LE models. Take a look at the pic below with the model comparison info for 2017/2018 Vector and 2018 Vector and in the rear suspension area you will see the shock specification for each sled. If you are spring power surge ordering a 2018 Vector and are getting the $600 accessory credit with the power surge deal one thought would be you could put it towards getting that rear shock as currently as an accessory it retails for $499.99 - hope this info helps!
View attachment 128487

Kevin, thank you for all that information, it was very nice of you to do that write up for me. If you want answers this is the man to answer them, thank's again.

I was told here in Canada it only applied to Apex models. I guess Yamaha sees us differently.

I was told here in Canada it only applied to Apex models. I guess Yamaha sees us differently.

I bought a 2018 Vector & told the dealer if it didn't come with the upgraded new shock I didn't want the machine. The dealer put the new shock on at their expense.

Back