• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ajustment ?

The way to get the correct preload on the rear is:

1. Raise the back of the sled and measure the length of the spring.

2. Sit on the sled with riding gear on and have someone measure the spring length.

3. The spring should compress 40-45mm.

The stock spring on the Apex GT is only good for about 250 lbs. The optional spring is good for about 300 lbs.

Hope this helps.

I do not know where you got your spring information, but for the facts, I called Ohlins regarding the stock spring that came on the Apex GT. When I supplied them with the part number, they told my the spring that came on my Apex GT was designed for 150 - 200 lbs. Therefore I purchased a spring(201 - 250lbs) directly from Ohlins for my weight(230lbs).

The spring info I got from the Yamaha Technical Update Manual. I have the preload as high as it is supposed to go and had someone that weighed about 250 sit on it. The preload was about right then. I go about 295 with out gear on so the stock spring isn't even close for me. I am still waiting for the stiffer one.

The Attak measurement should be the same.

Back