• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Am I the only one?

yamahabandit said:
I work at a shop full of guys with doo tatooed on their butt. Yes, I've had issues just like everyone else and I too have had a few choice words to say about my FX when I first got it. Yes,we shouldn't have to spend more money and time on abrand new sled. But you know what? After all is said and done, If I wrecked my sled tomorrow, I'd by another Nytro on Monday, you know why? The sled all of us sled heads have now is probably better than we could have bought OEM.
What I'm trying to say is the sum of its parts are better than any of us could have hoped for from a stock sled. I've owned 40ish sleds in my time, from T-cats to 440 snopros to pro-x's not one could put a grin on my face like my Nytro does.
Some of you gents should realize a four stroke will never handle the same same as a2 stroker. But there is an upside to them that you can't compare ( reliability,torque, real world mpg). Funny thing happens when my doo buddies raz me about slider wear , I ask them how many blew up this weekend?
Sorry about the long winded reply, just getting really tired of these dough heads, I mean doo heads talking about how much better Ski-doo is with this and that but when you ask any to go on a good hard (not stupid)250 miler, they all have plans and can't make it.. Thanx guys !

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!

Damn right!!

:die

sledheadgeorge said:
"90% of the issues you are talking about are set up."

I may take you up on the offer....thanks, but I beg to differ on your statement.... more like 10% of the issues are related to setup. Is track noise,tunnel iceing,knees,warmers,storage,sliders,skiis,subframe,reverse handle related to set up?? 90% of the issues are going to cost me parts and labour.Not trying to be a *ick but trying to keep the issues up front.

I ride very aggresive and couldnt keep up with a 06REV 600 and 2 XP TNT's in the twisties. Mind you i could catch back up very quickly on the straight aways! Forget about all the issues and quirks with this sled except for handling,darting and heavy steering,these i need to solve.Predictable ski lift i have no problem with and actually enjoy it.

I appreciate all comments so far and a lot of guys here are very constructive and positive.I was having a blast on friday for a 300 km trip feeling this thing go,but i just dont have the confidence to push it. Like I said before I want to love this sled.

I to had the same problem, my first sled was a 2002 Cat ZL 600 my friend would smoke me on his doo 800 . but the cat would handle awesome it was just under powered , so I got a 2009 XTX thinking that he would be toast , not so this thing handle not so well.so I put studs on it pilots skis shaper bars TR springs and all the adjusting . he has been riding for over twenty years , me three years . now he can pass me when I am day Dreaming. and I mean it . I want to do as many mod to this sled as i can. what is every body doing?
Nytrose don't give up.

nytrose said:
sledheadgeorge said:
"90% of the issues you are talking about are set up."

I may take you up on the offer....thanks, but I beg to differ on your statement.... more like 10% of the issues are related to setup. Is track noise,tunnel iceing,knees,warmers,storage,sliders,skiis,subframe,reverse handle related to set up?? 90% of the issues are going to cost me parts and labour.Not trying to be a *ick but trying to keep the issues up front.

I ride very aggresive and couldnt keep up with a 06REV 600 and 2 XP TNT's in the twisties. Mind you i could catch back up very quickly on the straight aways! Forget about all the issues and quirks with this sled except for handling,darting and heavy steering,these i need to solve.Predictable ski lift i have no problem with and actually enjoy it.

I appreciate all comments so far and a lot of guys here are very constructive and positive.I was having a blast on friday for a 300 km trip feeling this thing go,but i just dont have the confidence to push it. Like I said before I want to love this sled.
have you bent your subframe? You can make your sled handle with stock skis. Knees banging? track noise? Your picking the sled apart. Sounds like you need an Apex GT! Hand warmers is a stupid problem,But then again so is DOO and there gas gauges reading 1/4 tank when there empty

The conditions in se Manitoba are rock hard snow-with rain and then -40 windshield after.Had a Guy yesturday follow me over some 5 ft. drifts-Guess what happened to his Apex<insurance about $3500 damage-then he says"i need a fxnytro"The other 3 Ski-doo guys with us said"he needs a tank!"They wouldn't take the drifts I did.I'm 50,and 200lbs,owned 03 rev.05 rev,and a Machz-You want a "Cadalac" drive it on the interstate-going 4x4ing-buy a truck.=but then the off road tires "make noise"!

Quote "I still don't get how people get cold fingers. Was -10F for the majority of our ride yesterday and I never got cold. There has been times I didn't even use my gauntlets, just some thing gloves that cut the wind."

Hmmm...I just had a dude that I work with who climbs mountains, not with a sled btw, tell me whenever someone tells him that they have cold hands he tells them to put on a down jacket????
Turns out when your core body temp is low, your brain magically tells your pumper to take blood from your extremities and put it to the core. Your body actually starts to shut down, and the most important thing you have is your guts so to speak. Everything else your body can do without!!!! Kinda like a Iguana dropping it's tail....or a spider losing a few legs! They still survive!
Anyways, I just heard this and needed an excuse to tell someone about it. But as soon as I heard it I thought of the cold hand thingy on Nytros.
Besides the poor windy protection, I ride with Klim gear and layer the snot out of it, and my hands really dont get cold, I actually can feel the heat on my warmers and that aint know lie.....so maybe this is a part of some people's issue with the handwarmers?

sprintcat said:
I wonder if the people that have cold hands SMOKE
CIGARETTES ? just a thought. :exc:

I've never smoked in my life but any time I go riding in singal digit temps or below my finger tips freeze. And before anyone says get better gloves they should know I use Alpine Star avalanche II Goretex gloves. These are not cheap gloves... :o| Yamaheaters are in my near future

Had trouble withcold hands as well. No I don't smoke, what a crock that is! Any way, installed Yamaheater on 08 fx and they work better than advertised. With bar switch off ( yamaheater on full), my hands were so hot they almost hurt. Finally something that works as advertised. Recommend to all nyrto riders. Too bad I had to spend $200 cdn to fix something the factory should have done! Now if I could just get my hyfax to last more than 200 miles I'd be laughing. I know! I know ! wheel kits ! Wheel kits! Another item that should have been taken care of by Yamaha! How many doo parts do I need to buy before we can ride these things!LOL

Back