• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any aftermarket handgaurds/ mirrors fit?

Country
USA
Snowmobile
13 xtx nytro stage 1 turbo
I am having a hard time finding any handgaurds and a mirror that I think will fit that are aftermarket. Seems like yamaha mirror attaches to hand gaurds? any pics would be great! I broke the yamaha hand gaurds so I have nothing!

Thanks Brian

I have power madd mirrors attached the the stock hand guards and it works good. Got the idea from Mr Sled. I have a pic but its to big for this site...

That tall mirror puts a lot of leverage on the hand guard bracket. The law enforcement Nytro we have at work with mirrors has a problem with staying clamped tight on the handlebars. I filed material of the lower saddle to get it tight last time. I was thinking about getting mirrors for my unit but have reconsidered.

Powermadd set up...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 88
I was looking at the Skinz foam guards and maybe the glove mirror? But not sure they will give enough room for the brake lever? My reason is I now ride with my 12 year old and need to keep an eye on him. I broke my stock hand gaurd off when I fell off my sled skiding on my back looking back at him. only going about 60mph!! :o| :o| :o| He pulls up and says dad what are you doing? Well son things did not work like I thought they would of!! I had to swallow some pride!! "Son dont do that" :die :die :o| :o|

iwillwait4u said:
I was looking at the Skinz foam guards and maybe the glove mirror? But not sure they will give enough room for the brake lever? My reason is I now ride with my 12 year old and need to keep an eye on him. I broke my stock hand gaurd off when I fell off my sled skiding on my back looking back at him. only going about 60mph!! :o| :o| :o| He pulls up and says dad what are you doing? Well son things did not work like I thought they would of!! I had to swallow some pride!! "Son dont do that" :die :die :o| :o|

The one that used to get me was looking over your shoulder and hit the bump that jams your neck. Then you can hardly turn your head for a couple of days.

i stuck a set of mirrors inside my stock yamaha hand guards, don't work great but, can see a headlight behind me and keeps the local law enforcement happy also. i can send you a pic if you want.

if your going with foam guards, i'd go with the yamaha units before the skinz units (imo), as the sinz don't cover your hands much. i bought the skinz units for the wifes vector (i thought skinz made yamaha units) as they had very nice black/silver units to match wifes sled. they are nothing like the yamaha units at all (live and learn...lol)

Back