• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone have issues with Slydog wheels? *Resolved by Slydog*

stopdropanroll

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.styleonecustommotoring.com
I just got my Slydog wheels last week and have just now got some time to install them, the small ones went on just fine although the double bearing they use shortens the bolt so it is flush with the nut, my problem is the bearing for the rear wheels is WAY too big, it is not even close to being right, also I'm afraid that with the added thickness of the double bearing will shorten the threads on the axle, has anyone put these on a Nytro or had a issue the same as mine, I have a machinest buddie who nis going to make me a spacer but would love to hear if this is a common issue. I am not very happy at this point with my purchase, It took over a month to get these and no product instructions or lit, just a sticker WTF, $400 for this is not acceptable to me.

#$%&* #$%&* #$%&* #$%&* :o| :o| :o| :o|

slydog wheels

I agree on an enclosed sheet showing the the correct installation. I think I installed mine correctly with the spacer going inside the bearing. Mine came with heavier and longer bolts for the idler wheels. They worked fine for the mounting spots except on the torsion spring brackets where I had to use the stock bolt which is to short and dosn't go all the way through the nut that is welded on the bracket. (should of had a longer bolt the same size as stock) All in all a little disapointed no mls on yet . I didn't buy the rear or larger wheels. :o|

OK my attitude is reversed 180 degrees about my purchase, Brandon @ SlyDog called first thing this morning to figure out the issue, my wheels got built with the wrong bearing. I guess its just a comunication issue between the dealer and the order, I allready have a buddie machining a fix for me so no big deal, Brandon was super cool and is going to try to build me a set of upper idlers to match and I think I will be ordering another pair for the rear to do a four wheel conversion. I am super happy now and would recomend using SlyDog to anyone. Thank You Brandon!!!!

:jump: :jump: :yam:

Here are some pics for ya. I need to finish all the wheels accept the inside forward ones with SlyDogs. Thanks to "redliner" for a quick turn around on the parts to fix her up, wont be long till we be at the Fontier stuffin some dollars!!!

Check out the custom axle nut/spacer he made for me and the spacer for the other side, he also made new outer spacers with a larger O.D. for better support on the wheel!!!

We gotta trip going this weekend........cant wait to try out the new bling

:bling

Attachments

• DSC01578-1.JPG
    DSC01578-1.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC01579-1.JPG
    DSC01579-1.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC01580-1.JPG
    DSC01580-1.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC01581-1.JPG
    DSC01581-1.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC01582-1.JPG
    DSC01582-1.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC01585-1.JPG
    DSC01585-1.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 101
NICE!! Can you do me a favor and post some additional pics near the end of the season. I am very interested to see how they hold up.

Hey stop drop and yea I have seen you roll! j/k Its actually the "Frontier" anyhow some blanky time in Three lakes maybe on the agenda thursday nite! Redline a good guy to have around for custom parts

RtxViper said:
Hey stop drop and yea I have seen you roll! j/k Its actually the "Frontier" anyhow some blanky time in Three lakes maybe on the agenda thursday nite! Redline a good guy to have around for custom parts

Yea, I hope Strizzle don't roll my F7, Blanky time is fine with me, gotta suport the single mom's of Wisconsin.

Looks really neat stopdropanroll!! You've got a pretty cool theme goin on from front to back there! What was your main reason for putting them on? Cool factor or was there a function they are supposed to provide over stock?

Back